Selby Disused Mushroom Farm

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wirelessmast

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Has anyone explored the disused mushroom farm near selby?

I live close by, but sadly time and a lack of 'back-up' mean ive only explored the first row of growing tunnels (all filled with dumped furniture!) and the derelict bungalow and its outbuildings (presumably a caretakers house) which is badly damaged. I did however explore the smaller part of the farm (that faces the A63) more thoroughly.

No photos im afraid

There was a fire on site recently, presumably arson. Its possible theres also work afoot to demolish the site

The main farm complex is pretty huge, with what looks like a modern processing and packing plant in the middle.

google maps link http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=selby&sll=52.855864,-2.900391&sspn=18.974996,32.255859&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Selby,+North+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.762526,-1.131077&spn=0.009044,0.023882&t=h&z=16

Because of the size and 'density' of the buildings, its not really a place to explore on ones own!

If anyone fancies giving the place a go, PM me for directions if needed

blimey that brings back some memories! we moved from camblesforth after my gcse's 11 yers ago! there's a mushroom farm on the left hand side (or was) as you go along the long straight road from selby to 'cammy' i thought you meant that but it didnt make sense as it was poly tunnels!

you dont mean that one at all, the site does indeed look reallly big, good luck with the 'splore, hope you get round it soon and i look forward to seeing some pics mate :)

Looks like a fun explore just a little too far away for me at the moment. If you get a few nice photos I may be forced to make a trip :)

blimey that brings back some memories! we moved from camblesforth after my gcse's 11 yers ago! there's a mushroom farm on the left hand side (or was) as you go along the long straight road from selby to 'cammy' i thought you meant that but it didnt make sense as it was poly tunnels!

you dont mean that one at all, the site does indeed look reallly big, good luck with the 'splore, hope you get round it soon and i look forward to seeing some pics mate :)

Hi there,this post and your message brought back a few memories for me, I went to Drax in 1945/9..Cheers Rolleiman

I have considered it but due to the recent arson / quantity of vanadalism going on there I thought it best to stay away :(

exactly the reason ive not done it yet. Its too deep and dense a site to explore alone, sadly my regular exploration partner is away fighting the taliban (fellas built like a brick sh**house, ideal chap to have with you!) but it would be a shame for the place to be demolished before its recorded.

Im hoping to have time to check the roadside parts out again in the next few weeks, so will take some photos then

Hi mate, I'm not far from Selby, and did not realise this place was closed. I'll have a visit if you fancy meeting up, looks like a great site. Are you able to send PM's yet?

Hi I'm new to this fort it was just me and my m8 that was interested in this sort of stuff.... Clearly not lol.. We live darn road at ponty and wud probe like to do it wiv u but like I said were new to this!

there is apparently somwhere else to visit in selby

[ame]http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=54013[/ame]

had a drive to it today (was officially checking i'd put a wheel back on properly!) and pulled into the loading bay at the front, spent ten mins or so just watching for any activity,

the only things i see different from last time i checked are a couple of hand painted signs saying open trenches on site, and on the A63 entrance a large 'for sale - development land' sign. Certainly no one was about and theres no fencing etc on the main entrance

TK - thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it, but its probably going to be some weeks before i have enough free time. Theres a few smaller sites i want to do first (an old pub and an abandoned farm house)

would like to go and see it with someone. mainly for the emotional perspective because my mum and dad used to work ther before it closed due to a mushroom killing disease breakout. it would be nice to see alot of the site really and take photos before it is all raized to the ground to show em both. would meet up or if youve allready gone there... again! xD:confused:

would like to go and see it with someone. mainly for the emotional perspective because my mum and dad used to work ther before it closed due to a mushroom killing disease breakout. it would be nice to see alot of the site really and take photos before it is all raized to the ground to show em both. would meet up or if youve allready gone there... again! xD:confused:

I'll go with you... I can often be found in Escrick at weekends, but the ossbox has an absence of windscreen wipers at the moment so I am limited to times when rain is not expected.

I had a few visits here in the past, before it got trashed, and I'm not bad at communicating with the traveller community who you might just encounter at this place..

I'll go with you... I can often be found in Escrick at weekends, but the ossbox has an absence of windscreen wipers at the moment so I am limited to times when rain is not expected.

I had a few visits here in the past, before it got trashed, and I'm not bad at communicating with the traveller community who you might just encounter at this place..

seen as i live down virtually the road from the mushroom farm in brayton, it is really easy for me to get to, so anyday would be fine :)

seen as i live down virtually the road from the mushroom farm in brayton, it is really easy for me to get to, so anyday would be fine :)

Hi- have you made it the farm yet? Only just seen this and I couldn't really commit to anything due to vehicle problems.

I'm about this coming weekend, if your still interested.

Selby & sherburn in elmet is a treasure trove of places

Tate & Lyle
Corugated Paper plant
Clariant chemicals
Bocm Pauls
Disused airfield
riccal Mine

Sherburn mill
Proving Ground

etc

Selby & sherburn in elmet is a treasure trove of places

Corugated Paper plant
Clariant chemicals

etc

Corugated Paper plant - Unfortuantley this has been completely leveled now, only rubble left

Clariant chemicals - Security is very tight here, its just recently been bought out and the new owners moving in

:)

Corugated Paper plant - Unfortuantley this has been completely leveled now, only rubble left

Clariant chemicals - Security is very tight here, its just recently been bought out and the new owners moving in

:)

New owners to run the site ? Or redeveloped for housing

New owners to run the site ? Or redeveloped for housing

It has been bought by new owners to run the site (Industrial Chemicals - IIRC). Unfortunately the new owners had to spend quite abit bringing the site upto scratch as during its time spent closed it was broken into and ££££ of cabling etc stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back