Severalls Hospital -"now & then"

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Goldie -it was one of me rare "moments of inspiration" :mrgreen:
Also trying to get hold of a video that a former Nurse did just before the Hospital closed. Apparently she went round just about the entire place (corridors, Main Hall, Kitchens, Wards, Grounds). Will keep ya posted.

Also trying to get hold of a video that a former Nurse did just before the Hospital closed. Apparently she went round just about the entire place (corridors, Main Hall, Kitchens, Wards, Grounds). Will keep ya posted.

Ah a video sounds even better! Having looked through some of my photos all mine of that corridor seem to be facing in the opposite direction to the old one for some reason! lol

The ruined piece:(Most art is still in alright condition though.
[lb='http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/imagehosting/33074790d7a731d2a.jpg']
thum_33074790d7a731d2a.jpg
[/lb]

DSCF0099.png

that one allways made me chuckle

and WOW at that corridoor with the gleaming floor

DSCF0052-1.png

i think we should pop over with a floor polisher

DSCF0099.png

that one allways made me chuckle

and WOW at that corridoor with the gleaming floor

DSCF0052-1.png

i think we should pop over with a floor polisher

What the...... looks like Mr Potatohead! :lol:
Good idea, I'll rustle up the broom and polish, and you bring the elbow grease! :mrgreen:

WOW, what a difference between when it was open and now, the corridor with the mural looks so bright compared to how it is now. The workroom they were working in, much prefer seeing the beams in the old pic to the false ceiling in the new one. Why do they always cover either lovely beams or beautiful ceilings what that horrible almost polystyrene false ceilings. grrrrrrrr!!!!

Cheers Lb, love seeing the old photo's and comparing the same shots with the new.

Looking forward to more lol.

:) Sal

Hey, liking your take on the corridor LE :) As Foxy says, B & W is a nice change -timeless too. Thanks buddy.

Lb:cool:

P.s. -nice to see this mural scene before Mr Potato head arrived! ;)

Thanking you kindly Sal :)

Yes, you get the feeling that there were plenty of "buy one, get one free" offers on these blasted ceiling tiles back in the 60's / 70's!!! :rolleyes::lol:

More pics hopefully to follow soon(ish) :)

Lb:cool:

Patients working outside in the Hospital Grounds

Sevs-MalePatientsworkingintheGround.png

Sevs1999-SE.png

I don't know where the next photo was taken, but thought I'd add it for balance.
Sevs-FemalePatientsworkingintheGrou.png

Typical Ward (Eastern / Female Side) Rose Ward???

early 1960's
Sevs-TypicalPatientsDormitory-1960.png

Late 1960's
Sevs-TypicalPatientsDormitory-late1.png

East_wing_-looking_n.png

I had always wondered exactly what used to be above each of the room doors -looks like some sort of shutter for air & light perhaps?
The differences between the two photos are often referred to by former Staff as the "decade of change", when Dr. Barton, the last Medical Sup't introduced many changes in an attempt to improves the quality of life for the Patients. The above was just one of the many changes.

Back