Shed/Barn - Newton Abbot - Jetty Marsh, Devon

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3744

Reaction score
A barn is situated in Newton Abbot's Jetty Marsh area, where the new hospital is currently being built. The barn it very accessible with no prevention taken to stop anyone entering. The entrance is a very large (about 4 - 5 meters tall) hole in the back of the barn. Inside is an old burnt-out blue flat-bed truck. Including a red tractor and Ban Saw (and used needles - please be careful!)

I stupidly didn't take many "wide-scape" documentary photos - I'll perhaps try take some more at a later date. Does anyone have any other photos of this place? Or even any info? I was informed that it was perhaps an old cider works...?

enjoy!

img6589editsmallga8.jpg

img6644editsmallkw4.jpg

img6632editsmallap2.jpg

img6629editsmallzp3.jpg

img6613editsmallbu9.jpg

img6618editsmallwq4.jpg

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...8353,-3.610404&spn=0.000638,0.001207&t=h&z=20

Great pictures. I do like the saw, with its rust, almost waiting for its next cut :mrgreen:

Underworld

Real shame to see it in that state, I know Jim Snr very well, he used to hoard coal when he'd attend rallies with his traction engine (& roller before that) & any coal he accumulated would be stacked up along one wall! He must've had about 40 bags of coal dating from the 60s onwards! :lol:

Jim Jnr used to keep his tractor pulling tractor Starlight Express in that shed too.

Jim Snr used to run his bus comapny from that yard, Snells coaches which closed a few years ago, Jim Jnr taking over doing bus repairs.

Abbot coaches used the yard for a while along with their own located further up Jetty Marsh Lane.

It's a shame to see it in that state

Latest posts

Back