Some shots from my visits to West Park

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some very good shots there. It has left me wondering though how much do you play about with the photos in photoshop to add the sort of dark and dingey affects or is alot of it down to the original image? I don't know anything about photography you see and would love to produce something like that

Well, in essense, everything is down to the original image. You can only work on what is already there. Don't get me wrong, the pictures look vastly different from what they do in the camera, but the interplay between light and shadow is what allows you to work on a picture so heavily.

But to answer the question of how much I play about with them, I would say a lot. But, the changes are quite subtle, and each change builds upon an element of the picture that already exists.

Essentially, I just change shit in photoshop until it looks good. Sometimes it takes ten minutes, sometimes it takes an hour. If it's paid work, it might take me three days.

PS Can I ask what camera you prefer to use??

Didn't notice this before, sorry, wasn't ignoring the question.

I own a few cameras, but I always use the same two when in West Park. I use a Canon 5D Mark II with a 24-70L lens, and a Canon 50D with a 10-22 lens.

Went back today and grabbed a few shots. Nothing to write home about, but this was my favourite one of the day:

4r4veq.jpg

haha nice to see the walking stick I slid down the line of coat hangers is still there:lol:

stunning shots there mate, the floor buffers look like they're ganging up on that lone hoover!

Cheers mate, I can't take credit for the buffer shot, I just took the picture. I met a couple of good guys there, and one of them had a stroke of genius for the floor buffers so we spent twenty minutes or so moving them to create the scene.

again some of the best photos I've seen from West Park, love that first aid box one

What a truly stunning set of photographs - possibly the absolute best I've seen on here, and that's saying something!

Back