St Andrews asylum Norwich, Nov 12

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did he just say 'FART' ? disgraceful...

Haha, brilliant writeup and and sterling imagery , well splored that man ! :D

St Andrews Mental Hospital

Heya

This old mental institute is beautiful, I'm going to use it for my Fine Art work.
But I had a few questions for you as a past documenter in it

- is it still there or has it been knocked down?
- What is security like/is the inside of the building accessible?
- what is the exact location of the place?

if you could get back to me that would be fabbbbb!

Thanks
Caitlin

Heya

This old mental institute is beautiful, I'm going to use it for my Fine Art work.
But I had a few questions for you as a past documenter in it

- is it still there or has it been knocked down?
It was still there when we visited and did the report

- What is security like/is the inside of the building accessible?
Security just let us crack on but the door was locked

- what is the exact location of the place?
I will drive back and copy sat nav co-ordinates in.

if you could get back to me that would be fabbbbb!
always aim to please :)

Thanks
Caitlin

Your more than welcome...

Hope you don't mind me jumping in to your post rather than making a new one about the same place.

You have some great photos and looks like you went in at the right time. My wife and I went in on New Years day after saying we would about 2 years ago, the inside is now pretty much gutted/vandalized. It was our first explore and we've both now got a bit of a bug for it, so will hopefully be posting more in the future.

I only live round the corner and often walk my dog round the grounds. I've not been for a couple of weeks and the demolition has progressed quite a bit since then. The roofs of the left hand side of the building are now down and it won't be long before its all down even if it looks to be coming down brick by brick. It's a shame a developer couldn't do a conversion, but I guess the commercial location doesn't make it financially viable.

Anyways, here are a few pictures I took with my phone on walk round this afternoon. If anyone is interested in me keeping the demo progress updated let me know and i'll be sure to take my camera out with me each time.

View from road at the front. Chimney stacks can be seen now without the roof.

free image hosting

The rear of the building with roof timbers for recycling.

host images

The morgue/chapel still standing. Oil tanks now removed.

online photo sharing

The morgue, yet untouched. Still sealed up.

online photo storage

View back to the hospital from the cricket field

upload pics

Demo on going, guys were taking it down brick by brick.

images

Rear view

upload foto

Alot has already come down.

upload pic

It looks to be in much better condition than a lot of things that aren't being demolished. Seems like a waste of a good building. Glad you captured it before it was gone.

I went there today with my daughter and her friend who wanted to see it. I'd say about 50% has now been demolished. It's really sad. As you say it is a much better building than some not being demolished. Parts of what is left is precarious but we still had a pretty good look around the ground and first floor of the remaining building. It's a real shame I didn't get there earlier.

This substantial building should have been converted. Its such a waste.

only the newer half left now the clock tower side the rest has been knocked down as go past it every day been a few times for a explore

Vandango05. Thanks for the update, good ( and bad ) to see how it's going along... :(

I was only thinking about her a short while ago....

Latest posts

Back