St. Edwards Boys Home, Coleshill : Feb 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the building lends itself well to the style you used as well... Loads of big bold colours and contrasts!.. They do look very good... Im so jealous as I only got a handful of shots outside before I got jumped by that dude!! It was such a nice morning and I was so looking forward to this visit!

I don't know the area too well, but Wolverhampton isnt too far and the old eye hospital seems worth a look and seems pretty much walk in (only summising didn't check too hard) we didn't get chance as there was a match on and was a tad too busy for my liking, or if your brave and can figure it out the old bath house and library there too, and no offence to anyone on here, it looks to be in a pretty rough part of town tho

I am led to believe the baths & library have now been bricked up which will make it a lot more difficult to get in than it was last year!

Nice report and nice pics the both of you, i need to get out and do a explore sometime, will be in touch :).

Too right !!!! not had the chance, been drooling over pics i m out in the morning for a solo one nearbye think it will sooth the itch a bit or is that just my crusty pants :).

Great report, shame the youths had to be there and gain access. Love the photos, this site will be added to my ever growing list!

Alt: I know Wolverhampton pretty well and yes, that area has unfortunately got a bit rough over the years. shame because it hadn't always been like that. The Eye Infirmary I would love to do a visit on....especially as I remember being taken there when it was open back in the late '80s when (being a silly kid) i managed to get something sharp stuck in my eye. gutted to hear that the library/baths are inaccessible. thats another place that we can no longer record, along with the old Royal Hospital (near Sainsburys) which has recently been bought up by Tesco with a plan to convert it into offices. that leaves the old grain mill and the Mitchells and Butlers Brewery near the railway station.

Alt: I know Wolverhampton pretty well and yes, that area has unfortunately got a bit rough over the years. shame because it hadn't always been like that. The Eye Infirmary I would love to do a visit on....especially as I remember being taken there when it was open back in the late '80s when (being a silly kid) i managed to get something sharp stuck in my eye. gutted to hear that the library/baths are inaccessible. thats another place that we can no longer record, along with the old Royal Hospital (near Sainsburys) which has recently been bought up by Tesco with a plan to convert it into offices. that leaves the old grain mill and the Mitchells and Butlers Brewery near the railway station.

Yeah it is a shame, not the kind of place to linger too long, the eye hospital looks pretty easy, it was just on the day there was a match on so it was toooo busy in the general vicinity for my liking.

Latest posts

Back