St Lawrence, Norfolk

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunning :)

Regarding the good condition -I can only imagine, aside form the Church's remote location, that it's because it looks like it's still in use from the outside. Thanks for sharing DJR -any pics up the Tower?

cool church!there's a little chapel like this in bradwell on sea i don't think it's used for service's but is unlocked & has a visitor's book.i went last summer & it has a real nice feeling about it when you get inside

I live in Yarmouth and was wondering if you are talking about the Methodist Church in Bradwell?

Been there loads of times. To services when I was a kid . Mum and Dad went to Magdalen Way Methodist and Bradwell was in the same circuit at the time.

Been there loads of times. To services when I was a kid . Mum and Dad went to Magdalen Way Methodist and Bradwell was in the same circuit at the time.

are you from essex originally?it's realy peacefull down there don't you think?we often walk my girlfriend's dog down there in the summer.there's a nice little bunker in the field near by aswell!

No I am originally from Grimsby but been living in Gt Yarmouth for 34 years. So I guess I would qualify as being a local after all that time. Where is this bunker you talk about.?

No I am originally from Grimsby but been living in Gt Yarmouth for 34 years. So I guess I would qualify as being a local after all that time. Where is this bunker you talk about.?
sorry my mistake it's a pillbox lol it's in the field near to it.

Sadly not but I can tell you that about half way up the tower is a wooden platform with a hatch.
Wish I'd taken more pics of the inside to be honest.
It would have been nice to see the tower or the Font. I may have a trip out there this weekend and see what I can do with my Fuji. Was there a nice font in front of the Vestry at all.? I f there was no one about it seems like a golden oppurtunity to have a snoop around.;)

It would have been nice to see the tower or the Font. I may have a trip out there this weekend and see what I can do with my Fuji. Was there a nice font in front of the Vestry at all.? I f there was no one about it seems like a golden oppurtunity to have a snoop around.;)

I honestly can't remember if there was a font or not.
I wasn't going to mention this as everyone here will not believe I didn't take advantage of this but...there's a huge ladder going up to that hatch in the tower. Only reason I didn't have a look is because the wife wouldn't let me near it :(

I am not a big fan of heights at all. But I will have a look and try and get up to the Bellfry and take some pics. I love old churches and even ruined ones as well.

I am not a big fan of heights at all. But I will have a look and try and get up to the Bellfry and take some pics. I love old churches and even ruined ones as well.

Yes I know what you mean about heights :neutral:
Looking forward to your pics though :)

Back