St Mary's Asylum April 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would be an epic way to start off this years urbex season, just need to pass my test :)

Amaaaazing photos guys, looks like an incredible place.

Here we go...

Some came out a bit grainy but luckily they weren't that good a pic anyway. May also notice that the tripod is on the piss in some of the pics:lol:

Not sure if whether we were or not...
DSCF0894.jpg

DSCF0908.jpg

DSCF0928.jpg

DSCF0935.jpg

DSCF0932.jpg

DSCF0955.jpg

Was pitch black down unde rthe stores, quite happy with this pic as I'm not usually good at pics in the dark and only read the camera instructions as we all got out of the car :lol:

DSCF0960.jpg

The electrical boxes for the stage, was dark under here too
DSCF0938.jpg

And in the meat store in the kitchens
DSCF0994.jpg

DSCF0967.jpg

Projectionist's area..

DSCF0976.jpg

DSCF0986.jpg

DSCF0982.jpg

DSCF0983.jpg

Boiler room/workshop area
DSCF1012.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

DSCF1017.jpg

DSCF1022.jpg

DSCF0998.jpg

DSCF1005.jpg

An alternative take on a window plant
DSCF1112.jpg

3 switch, got pics of 2'ers and 1'ers aswell
DSCF0973.jpg

3rd time lucky after experimenting with the camera settings.
DSCF1044.jpg

'Scuse the hand in left corner
DSCF1069.jpg

Last randoms...
DSCF1107.jpg

DSCF1116.jpg

DSCF1102.jpg

DSCF0991.jpg

DSCF0998.jpg

DSCF1026.jpg

DSCF1029.jpg

About time for 1 of these I reckon
DSCF1007.jpg

Quite a large amount of pics, but am really pleased with the day and got some good shots.

Rest are here.

Last edited:
Very very good

I like your shots very much,except for the skellington of the rat or whatever it was..

I never get tired of looking at photo's of this place. Keep up the good work

Hello every one

Hi guys. my mate and I went to have a look around here had a good long chat with the security guard top guy he had been working there since the place was open told us about how the people that had been sent there used to make things for the shop. The was also an other building there that was used as a quarantine area for the people that were contagious they knocked it down though when the place was closed down. theres a bit of usless info that now one needed to know lol !:mrgreen:

Hi guys. my mate and I went to have a look around here had a good long chat with the security guard top guy he had been working there since the place was open told us about how the people that had been sent there used to make things for the shop. The was also an other building there that was used as a quarantine area for the people that were contagious they knocked it down though when the place was closed down. theres a bit of usless info that now one needed to know lol !:mrgreen:

Was that the old Scottish guy? Yeah I met him once he is a really nice bloke once he realises you aint a thief etc. Spent ages having a crack with him!

Excellent pics all of you! I love the look of the place and need to see it for myself sometime. Love that church ceiling! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back