Stanton Ironworks, Ilkeston Derbyshire - January 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was BROWN AND MASON who are doing the demolition, the same firm who demolished Drakelow power station.
I did hear the other day that Willington powerstation site is now to be re used as such in the form of a gas fired station as the housing development proposed for the site has been rejected.

THE ODEON

It was BROWN AND MASON who are doing the demolition, the same firm who demolished Drakelow power station.
I did hear the other day that Willington powerstation site is now to be re used as such in the form of a gas fired station as the housing development proposed for the site has been rejected.

THE ODEON

E-on was refused permission to build the estate, so have gone for a plan B to build a power station, a proposal is to be submitted in early 2010.

Hi all,
Drove past here today, and just a gutted frame of the building remains along with the two huge overhead gantry cranes.
Well, heard a large boom in the afternoon whilst in Ilson, went an had another look and now there's one crane standing.
The other one had been blown up !
I'd say in a couple of weeks the lot will be a scrap pile.
Shame i didnt have my camera.

THE ODEON

My grandfather helped build those cranes :(

Back