Sunday by the Thames 03/2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spooks

Finally, it was on last night ! Spooks, that is

Not much to see though

G

All my pictures are back after forgetting my photobucket password and il be back with a new report on ww2 Essex Pillboxes in next couple of weeks.

il be back with a new report on ww2 Essex Pillboxes in next couple of weeks.

I'm really looking forward to that Weeto, any chance you can get some pics of some through-the-seawall pillboxes? Images of those are few and far between and I'm sure Fluffy, Jonney and Black Shuck would love to see something out of the ordinary.

Cheers

Steve

Fantastic architecture considering they were built for military purposes, the designers seems to have a great sense of geometry.

I'm really looking forward to that Weeto, any chance you can get some pics of some through-the-seawall pillboxes? Images of those are few and far between and I'm sure Fluffy, Jonney and Black Shuck would love to see something out of the ordinary.

Cheers

Steve

Steve have alook inmy photobucket folder on the link below, theres some pics of through wall pillboxs, there is quite few of them out at southminster near the minefield control tower, theres quite a few pics of coalhouse on there too, myself and 2 friends slept at the fort recently on halloween, we took pics of all the underground parts of the fort, theres a nice WW1 aa battery on the roof wich I am going to take pics of next, BTW the radar tower is empty at the top, except for a few pigeon nests.

anyone who is planning on going down to coalhouse should try and pop into east tilbury battery it no more than a couple of hundred yards up the road from the fort and well worth a visit, bowater farm is nearby too, anyway take a look in here for some pics of the fort amongst other things
Dave
http://gs109.photobucket.com/groups/n56/GYZUKMUF4V/

Some fantastic pics and places in there Dave. Nice to see some close ups of the sea wall pillboxes. Is that the entrance to the left of the pillbox in the face on picture. I thought they were accessed through a hatch in the roof?

Latest posts

Back