Switzerland, Locarno, Roccabella House

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for your reply!

Thank you so much for your reply and the link to Google Earth! Your response is on time as I am not leaving for Europe for another 10 days. The link is spot on and the villa is very easy to recognize, given the unique configuration of its balcony. I also remember and recognize the curving driveway leading up to the property. I can hardly wait to complete this nostalgia adventure and see Rocca Bella again after 53 years! Thank you so much for your prompt and informative reply and keep posting your lovely images. Gratefully, soproni.

Since I do not yet know how else to get in touch with him, I would like to express my thanks to veteran member Dirus_Strictus for helping me to get in touch with member Stermika. His going the "extra mile" made the difference and, as you can see above, she quickly got in touch with all the right information. Thank you!

Last edited:
Soproni,

It was no bother at all. The coincidence and obvious importance of this subject demanded that I PM Stermika on your behalf, as you do not have this facility as a new member. I just wanted to make sure she saw your post in time, as apart from her stunning reports I have not seen evidence that she visits the forum on a daily or regular basis.

Glenn.

To forum members who like Stermika's photographs, I recommend a visit to her Flicker account - if you have already done so.

Thank you so much for your reply and the link to Google Earth! Your response is on time as I am not leaving for Europe for another 10 days. The link is spot on and the villa is very easy to recognize, given the unique configuration of its balcony. I also remember and recognize the curving driveway leading up to the property. I can hardly wait to complete this nostalgia adventure and see Rocca Bella again after 53 years! Thank you so much for your prompt and informative reply and keep posting your lovely images. Gratefully, soproni.

Since I do not yet know how else to get in touch with him, I would like to express my thanks to veteran member Dirus_Strictus for helping me to get in touch with member Stermika. His going the "extra mile" made the difference and, as you can see above, she quickly got in touch with all the right information. Thank you!

I'm happy to see that you've found my post, I hope that your stay in Ticino will be nice and that you'll enjoy the villa. In case you have a picture of the old villa, when you were young, I will be very happy to see it, if it's possible.. I could give you my mail adress.. If not, I still have my imagination :)
Bye! Marlene

... and thank you Dirus Strictus ;)

Latest posts

Back