The Bayside Hotel, Weston-super-Mare.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LivingFire

Reaction score
The Bayside Hotel is located on the Birnbeck end of the Weston-super-Mare seafront.
Not sure on exact dates, but it's been abandoned for more than 2 years.
Despite appearing not too scruffy from the outside, it is in a very bad way inside. Half of all the floorboards are missing, and as we were exploring it we were walking primarily on a mess of soggy mattresses, misplaced pieces of MDF and doors that have been kicked down.
A lot of stuff has been left in there - drinks, bar stools, food, cookers, and lots of furniture. It's sad to see it looking like that, I can imagine it was a lovely place to stay just a few years ago.

v.jpg

y.jpg

Access was sketchy but after a quick recce we were in. I wont be too specific but it involved carefully lowering yourself 6ft down.

b-1.jpg

Wok the hell?
c.jpg

f.jpg

One of the resident felines :mrgreen:.
2919782964_11a95c8769_b.jpg

k-1.jpg

2918945837_ffb21b66ba_b.jpg

o-1.jpg

2918939947_efde4a62ec_b.jpg

2918943677_f254bb9df5_b.jpg

There were a few piles of promotional leaflets in the office. It was bizarre to compare the descriptions and pictures of the charming seaside hotel that it was before it closed to how it looks now. Very sad to see how fast it's decayed really!
t-1.jpg

Here's one that I scanned in.
v-1.jpg

2918949217_cb1c282c6e_b.jpg

2919797410_994cb4b67e_b.jpg

I think it's really sad to see the inside like that. This is just a guess, but I suspect it's one of those hotels that had become unfashionable and updating was just too costly due to lack of custom. Great building from the front though. Nice find. :)

Thats a really dirty mattress! I wonder what stained it. Nice set of trashy dereliction mate:)

What a shame as the place looks quite mint outside. Almost like it's been maintained on the exterior! Good shots there!

that bed looks like some one bled to death in it :sick:
quite a spooky place with all the cats running about i bet :confused:

I fitted a phone line into that place just before it closed down!!!

... has a nice view of the burnt down pier as well!!

Latest posts

Back