The Foundry 145 pics.....

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for clarifing that. I know it is legally theft.

But what a waste...... of data.

Magnetic media won't last long.

I sympathise. If it's any consolation, I'm curious too. But realistically, I doubt that the disks are recoverable anyway. The dust that will have been accumulating in them will have damaged the magnetic surface, and the first time you stick them in a disk drive the gunk will turn it into a brick.

OTOH, taking a laptop with you and examining the disks in situ is another matter - but walking out with the data on your laptop is likely to land you in a completely different bowl of fish (although one which is more likely to be civil than criminal).

Thank you for clarifing that. I know it is legally theft.

But what a waste...... of data.

Magnetic media won't last long.

I wouldn't talk about, nor admit to criminal theft on a public website. It's a dumb idea. Taking anything from anywhere that does not belong to you is theft. Whether it will be missed or not.

Thank you.

Maybe it can be bought ? Security in the UK are on the basic wage.

Maybe a sensible offer would allow in and out ?

Then that is legal ? Or very greyline.....

And just to be clear - as yet nothing has been taken from this site by myself or any known party.

Thank you.

Maybe it can be bought ? Security in the UK are on the basic wage.

Maybe a sensible offer would allow in and out ?

Then that is legal ? Or very greyline.....

And just to be clear - as yet nothing has been taken from this site by myself or any known party.

Security wouldn't be the owners either, so they wouldn't be able to sell anything to you.

And with that, I'm out of this thread before it starts to sound like legal advice. If you want to pursue this any further I think you need to buy an opinion from a solicitor. :)

Deleted: -

As you all know you won't get a prison term for possession of magnetic media.

Last edited:
Deleted. You can find it for yourselves.

And with respect to the moderators.

Last edited:
Oh, thank you krela !

That is probably better than a 'get ripped to bits on a barb wire fence and nearly 'eaten' by dogs......'

PASS !

Mistakes have to be made to become wise. And only then can you see the real film...... ;)

Or maybe living that dream, you now have access to the scene !

The particular point of reference is easy to find.

It maybe thought of again.

But I would obviously lose any GPS and the ladder looked rusty, by myself (with the dogs about) I thought better.

:neutral:

The guard dogs would probably save you - irony !

But I don't really want to be detained.......

Last edited:
Anybody taken pics up that chimney yet ?

I reckon Urbanx's failed mission up British Sugar would be a consolation prize.

;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back