The Magdalen Asylum, Cork

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By far the most in depth report i've read so far. The pictures are amazing you must have been there for hours.

Thanks for that bud :)

I like the shots silverstealth, but do you know what happened after they opened the coffin and she was still unrotten, did they just take her to the other cemetary? Either way, interesting place, looks very freaky.

I have often heard of the plight of the 'patients' of the Magdalene Laundry Ayslums and have seen the film mentioned by Krela. Women were treated appaulingly and were often admitted because they were a social embarresment and were often 'forgotten about' by their families whilst they were worked hard, abused and gave birth to their illegitimate children with no sympathy from the nuns.
Its amazing that those buildings still exist and I would be very interested to visit it one day myself.
Great photos too! Well Done!

What an amazing place. Loved reading all the history of the Magdalen Asylum, and the history about Little Nellie. Can't believe how unchaved it is, and no graffiti either. love all the different areas, and the 2 enamel sinks. and the little fire type place covered in white enamel tiles. Love every pic can't pic any I like the best.

The whole thing is amazing.

Excellent work,

:) Sal

looking for help

Hi im a trying to do some research for my mum, her mum my nan was born in this place in the 1920's and was raised there, we do not know the history of her mother weather she was a single mum, a psychiatric patient or a prostitute as my nan always said she died during child birth.

We are trying to find out where we would look for any records of births at the place as my nan told my mum before she died that she has a brother and we are trying to trace him, All we know is that she was born there and raised there and obviously her details but that is it so any advice would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back