The Old Farmhouse, Pitlochry - Feb 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foz101

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
We go to Pitlochry every now and again for a look round, some lunch and a nice walk by the river. Where we park in the car park, we always see this place, but because I'm on family duty it passes me by. The other week I escaped for 10 minutes for a quick look. It's nothing major, but it's one less thing to taunt me. It'll probably fall down soon enough judging by the state of the place.

Both the restaurant and the bungalow next door are up for sale for offers over £495,000. There are plans in place to develop the land, including the bungalow, into apartments. I can't see anyone buying this place in a hurry though the way the market is. Unless there's 200 grand hidden in the cupboards too.

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

Wow, the inside was a total surprise...I expected a wee cosy tearoom! :lol:
Fantastic fireplace and a lovely farmhousey building.
Good find, foz. :)

Thanks.

Forgot to add, despite the appearance, it only closed at the end of 2007. The only review I've found was 'avoid at all costs'.

I think I've visited that place years ago! We will be passing through Pitlochry soon - I may just stop near here for a break. ;)

It could be made into a nice place that but not at that sort of money!

Jeeez, that much damage in a little over a year, the roofs almost caved in! Good job eventually going in though, i know the feeling when sites taunt you :lol:

Well spotted - usually everything in Pitlochry is very spruce and touristy, so I'm surprised the council has allowed it to get into that state. The pikes haven't wasted much time in stripping the roof!

Geez... a couple of years and it looks like that !! ... sad :(

Nice find Foz, like you say.. one less place to taunt your curiosity :D

Haven't been to PL for a while but I know this building.Last time I was there it was open.
Well done though.

Good pics, especially like the last 1 for some reason.

Good job eventually going in though, i know the feeling when sites taunt you :lol:

Me too, I went to a site and found some hospital records that were very out of place. In said site there was a filing cabinet on it's front. It was very heavy, I tried on my own but couldn't lift it and couldn't roll it over because it was in between a door frame. I never went back with anyone to try and lift it. The place was flattened not long after and I always regret it when I drive past the site :(

Back