The Puppy Farm, Surrey - December 2017

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An example of people being fascinated by the grim locations. Ian Brady and Myra Hyndley's house was demolished but now the site is part of a ghastly tour. No house there - I had a look on street view, just flat land.

Interesting to read peoples' responses to my earlier comment about sites with a sad history.

Some people must be attracted to these sites because of a perverse attraction others are there because of a wish to feel the history.

I admit I have not been to any murder sites but I will admit to having been to conflict and disaster locations within these islands.

This is not out of any gruesome curiosity - but out of a desire to emerse myself in the history of the place.

So I have visited disaster sites such as Levant Mine, Wheal Owles, Senghenydd Colliery, Summerland Leisure Centre, Titanic Dry Dock, assassination sites such as Beal na blath and Pheonix Park, historic prisons with a gruesome record such as Kilmainham Gaol, Bodmin Gaol, ambush sites such as Kilmichael and Warrenpoint, Battlefields such as Vinegar Hill, execution sites such as Hango Hill etc.

Does that make me a creepy weirdo or someone who is interested in history who wishes to visit sites where significant events in the UK and Ireland took place in the past 200 years or so?

John

"A creepy weirdo"? Not at all, John. Likewise myself I have an interest in history and I'm a German Railways fan so when I go on holiday to Germany not only do I visit former railway stations, depots and redundant tracks but also Concentration Camps and former Military Barracks and areas I know where mass killings took place during the war. Its all history to me but to some Germans who I talked to is that "what's in the past remains in the past, now we look to the future". The disaster sites you mentioned is where someone got killed as part of their work, but not a place where someone got killed pointlessly, such as the case of Ian Brady where he tortured and killed children in his house and buried them in a moor.

Its all history to me but to some Germans who I talked to is that "what's in the past remains in the past, now we look to the future".

In the past and forgotten about or even more shocking - denied it ever happened, seems to be on the ascendancy in some quarters these days! Looking to the future without learning and remembering the past is a recipe for disaster and just lets history repeat itself. I belong to a generation of children whose fathers and uncles may have been / were mentally scarred for life by what they saw back then, when they liberated the prison and concentration camps. My uncle never forgot the all pervading stench that announced the location of one of these camps, well before they set eyes on it!

I wonder how these places get so much attention from teenagers and awful youtubers, they're next to impossible to locate, and they're in the middle of nowhere? Was this place on unilad or something?

I wonder how these places get so much attention from teenagers and awful youtubers, they're next to impossible to locate, and they're in the middle of nowhere? Was this place on unilad or something?

I didn't realise there were shitty youtube videos of it already! It was posted on 28 and named outright, I just thought my name had a better ring to it. I went somewhere pretty horrible today, might post it up with the real name just as an experiment to see how quickly it ends up on youtube! ; ) It hasn't been posted up, stank of old people and shit, and was a total mess.

I went somewhere pretty horrible today, might post it up with the real name just as an experiment to see how quickly it ends up on youtube! ; ) It hasn't been posted up, stank of old people and shit, and was a total mess.
I look forward to this! ;o)

I took a look down puppyfarm way yesterday. Its amazing how stuff has been moved around already.

The daughter was killed just to the left of the front door, in front of that kennel. The wife was shot in the dining room.
Looks like the set dressers have put been in there too, what with the skull and stuff.

The windows were only smashed fairly recently.

Each time I see that safe I wonder whats in it, hes the sort to keep everything in one.
Its a tragic story, you can hear her phone call to the 999 centre here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ItsZ2gF9A

The horrible old git deserves to suffer, why the police gave him his shotguns back ill never know, they share the responsibility for those womens deaths.

Its a tragic story, you can hear her phone call to the 999 centre here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ItsZ2gF9A.

I'm sorry, but why the link for the morbidly curious amongst us? Post the location by all means, but why ever release any 999 calls? I was involved with scenes of crime, death and destruction all my working life and some details should not be blasted all over the Web.

Back