The Sewing House, Somewhere - October 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UK? Really? I'm not looking hard enough!
Absolutely stunning place, and your photographs are really atmospheric!
Glad to have read your report! :)
It is indeed in the UK... still a couple of gems left :) glad you liked the photos mate!

A very nice find here, quite jealous of this!
Cheers but I cant take credit for the find... I believe Darbian had the honour of discovering this one :)

Beautiful pics, love the doll ornament in the mirror!
Cheers, I thought that doll was pretty creepy! looked good reflected though :)

Looks like an amazing find,thanks for sharing.
Cheers Flyboy, cant take credit for the find but glad to have seen it ::)

Superb little find there bud! Well impressed.
Cheers mate as above wasn't my find but was a pretty impressive little residential for the likes of the UK

Beautiful pictures a truly stunning place. The doll in the mirror gave me the chills!! Thanks for sharing! :-D
Cheers that doll was dead creepy!

Two words......"pure class"...
Thankyou kindly mate :)

The way that coat and hat are hung at the bottom of the stairs would probably have spooked me for a second if I was there! Interesting find and great pics!
Yeah I wish I could have lit them better, found out after my visit the electrics still work!! kicking myself for not trying the lights!!

good stuff mate, processing suits a treat
Cheers pal!

Stunning find, brilliantly captured. Thanks for sharing.
Thanls little oz but credit for the find goes to Darbian :)

I will spend my life searching for this place! Absolutely stunning and nicely shot......oozes atmosphere, history and a little bit macarbre....great stuf and big thanks for getting this report up really enjoyed it
Thankyou very much I hope you manage to find it! worth the trip :)

That's interesting because surely the lack of dust on the base of the sewing machine in #8 means that the case must of been removed - relatively - lately . . . an earlier explorer?
Hi Hendreforgan, if you check my blog post theres more photos the lid of the sewing machine was sat next to the machine itself, I have recently found out it was removed by the person i visited with bu then replaced prior to us leaving, I was downstairs shooting the lounge so hadnt realised. I'm not going to deny I would have probably had a look under the hood as well but there is your explanation as to why it was so dust free! well preserved indeed!

This is the first thread i came across on this site, i had to register just to say, wow a superb set of photographs!! thankyou for sharing them
Thanks Jonnyhimself glad you liked it! enjoy the rest of the forum theres some cracking places :)

Now that's just being pedantic......

Nice shots by the way, love them. Must have a good bundle of history to it.
Not to worry sure it was meant in good spirits

Like this a lot! Great shots as usual Mr Mayhem :)
Cheers Sshhh :D

I do believe I was the first person here. Yeah I did move stuff around a bit. So what, am nosey ;) I think I moved a sewing machine into better light I hung the antlers on the wall. Done other stuff too probably, cant remember what else.
Any way great shots Ben.

I do believe I was the first person here. Yeah I did move stuff around a bit. So what, am nosey ;) I think I moved a sewing machine into better light I hung the antlers on the wall. Done other stuff too probably, cant remember what else.
Any way great shots Ben.

I wasn't complaining mate! made for some tasty shot! :) I remember when we rebuilt that knackered fireplace at the artist guesthouse and then neither of us got a shot of the bugger lol!

Its a Cracker this MR B. Like it lots, love the doll in the mirror shot, that's a pretty inspired shot and angle. Wish we could of got here the other week. Proper Belgish. :)

I do believe I was the first person here. Yeah I did move stuff around a bit. So what, am nosey ;) I think I moved a sewing machine into better light I hung the antlers on the wall. Done other stuff too probably, cant remember what else..

It does not really matter if you did a bit of 'tidying' in each room, but moving stuff from room to room etc can alter the complete story that the objects and habitation are trying to tell.

In the late 70's we befriended a rather eccentric book dealer who lived miles from no where. During his dealing and collecting he had amassed a huge collection of family letters, accounts and other private papers from the various auctions he had attended over the years. As these papers were his interest and not the source of his income, they were carefully stored in an attic room, separate from his family and business paperwork. When he died in 1987, his solicitor contacted us and indicated that we could have the pick of the remaining books and drawings in his stockroom. When we visited the house to see what was there, it was seen that his relatives had just dumped his collection of letters in the room that was obviously an office. Our late friend's family are still fighting over the house, which is as it was in 1987, the key in the hands of the firm of solicitors. It is weatherproof, locked and 'secure', just waiting for one of you intrepid lot to find it! However, the jumble of old letters in the office will give you no hint as to the late occupant and his strange family - they belong to families far, far away from that windswept place.

Back