The Teddy Bear Hunters House - March 2018

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredibly sad images there. I can't help but think a family 'line' has ended and had no-one to gather those personal items and keep them. Damn I hope my house doesn't end like that!

Thanks for posting. A nice 'wet film' feel to the photos which I think suits the location well.

prettyvacant71;352299:( well hope someone saved some of its memories by collecting up a few bits and pieces before it got demoed said:
Having a branch of my family in the demolition business, I know that, from that aspect, it will have all ended in the skip/landfill. The memories on this forum and perhaps other similar ones are what are carried forward, for as long as this interest by us members remains

Loved looking through your shots of the old photographs, the 3 kids in masks sitting on the sofa looked rather sinister but then clowns always do that for me lol. From what BG says its all gone now:( well hope someone saved some of its memories by collecting up a few bits and pieces before it got demoed, but then maybe just explorers pic's are all that remain?

As mentioned the barn & caravan were still full a month back, but I imagine everything in em will be skipped.
Strange as after my visit I popped in a local antique shop & there was several items for sale (not cheap either) that I had just been rummaging through, like the records that are making a real comeback!

Incredibly sad images there. I can't help but think a family 'line' has ended and had no-one to gather those personal items

Perhaps it was inevitable; but the really sad thing for me is that the 'founding father' figure will just disappear from memory, almost in the same way as if he had perished in the Polish concentration camps of WW2. Still; as long as people are interested in this thread, some thoughts will linger on.

The story of the displaced Poles and other Eastern European people has always been an interest to me - I lived in an area as a child where many settled and worked.

How weird - I was in June/ July 2016 & I didn't get teddy bears at all. I saw it was an antiques centre - sign by the gate & all the ephemera suggested a male last occupant. All the dog paraphernalia & hairs & no dog pictures - how strange. Saw the pile of photos in the garage but they looked like a normal families collection - lots of kids with horses etc. Going through the dog flap was fun - 3 weeks later it had been kicked in & all the copper pipes had been ripped out. Nice house - shame it's now rubble. Must have just missed each other....

Brilliant that mate and really nicely shot. I like the detail and personal touch to them. Pic 4 is mad. Looks like something from the Purge flims, getting ready to go out :)

This place seems to get stripped more each time I see it. If I knew where it was, I’d go now, before it’s empty.

Back