The Towers Asylum (scaff climb) - Leicester - Nov '08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sam

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
another quick visit due to unforscene surcomstances we had the opertunity so took it while we had it :mrgreen:

admintower.png

admintower2.png

admin block

scaffslide.png

ooooh ooooh big yellow slide!!!!

scaffslide2.png

and the top of the big yellow slide

conductor.png

lightning conductor, i hope theyve got a substitute up there while this ones down :eek:

meandwatertowr.png

looking over to the water tower and the north end of Leicester

windowarch.png

tops of the windows

sillouette.png

mattdonut and myself

nice one mr sam here are a couple of mine.

main
towe.png

newbuild
tower-8.png

well hello!!!
towers-1.png

admins weather vain
towerss.png

sunset over leicester
town.png

Nice photographs - they take me back a bit. When I was a pimply, sallow-faced youth(*), I occasionally played the organ for CofE and RC services in the old chapel. As I recall, the chapel was rather nice but the organ was dreadful. I wonder what became of it. Subsequently they opened a new chapel elsewhere in the building, which had an electronic... thing... which they were pleased to call a musical instrument.

(*) I turned into a balding, miserable old bastard at about the age of 33.

Last edited:
nice! we did have a chat to the security see if we could have a look inside the chappel he phoned his supervisor Dave who said no :(

a re-visit was inevitable :D

DSC_0005.png

admin tower

DSC_0017-2.png

water tower

DSC_0044.png

wavey new ridge tiles

DSC_0043.png

the chappel

DSC_0055-1.png

a room under conversion

DSC_0022-1.png

and one ready to move into

nice one mr sam i made a little pano of the north of leicester
Untitled_Panorama1.png

and managed to get my name under the new lead work! the timber under the lead was still rotten! they have just covered it with new lead!
matt-2.png

A few of mine...

th16.jpg

Hmm

th15.jpg

Main entrance

th13.jpg

Looking towards the water tower

th12.jpg

Up on the scaffolding

towers_postcard.jpg

A little something I created

These pictures are cool :) I got a walk around this place for my final year project when I was at Uni in Leicester. Its an amazing place tho when i went it was just before they had started the construction work to change the original building into flats. In one way its good that they have saved the outside of it. If I can find any of my old piccies Ill post them up here.

I do believe that I need to go talk to my friends there again and have another visit :)

Latest posts

Back