The Wicker Man Churchyard and Chapel,Anworth Scotland.Aug08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice pics mate but what does it mean in the 4th pic down? the one with the skull?

Also, the skull and crossbones usually denotes that a Knight's Templar is buried there. :mrgreen:

does anyone have a picture of the legs before they got sawn??

Yes, but it's not my copyright. I'll see what I can do! :)

Nice one, Van Buren!
you certainly get around mate,:D
Love that Mementomori/skull and crossbones pic of yours.. the hourglass/ sands of time image crops up a fair bit in old burial monuments and headstones, something to do with time and life passing i think, on the other side it looks like an open book.. scriptures/bible maybe? good stuff mate. Wickerman is a well sinister film! haven't seen it in a while, must check it out again.

Last edited:
cheers mate,trying to get the locations in while i can still afford fuel for the motor......:lol:

Thanks for this, Vanburen! As a fan of The Wickerman, it is much appreciated to see this location as it was some 35 years ago, or thereabouts.

As for the re-make, I watched the first half hour or so and that was all I could bear. Anyone want a nearly-new dvd? lol. (Director's cut of the original is best, btw.)

A cd of the songs is available too, the one I have features "Gently Johnny" (not all include this track.)

D.

Last edited:
Remember you are mortal.

I KNEW 2nd year latin would come in useful one day. :mrgreen:

Nice one, Van Buren!
you certainly get around mate,:D
Love that Mementomori/skull and crossbones pic of yours.. the hourglass/ sands of time image crops up a fair bit in old burial monuments and headstones, something to do with time and life passing i think, on the other side it looks like an open book.. scriptures/bible maybe? good stuff mate. Wickerman is a well sinister film! haven't seen it in a while, must check it out again.

yes it's a fantastic pic, well spotted and captured Van Buren

Christ ! Dont follow that link to the dvd I posted at play,its gone up from about 4 quid to £30 ! maybe ebays the best bet now for people interested.

Latest posts

Back