Thorpe Thewles Pillboxes

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that they're slagging off this site krela. Some of them clearly do have an issue with visiting any site which involves trespass. Hence the 'Urban Exploration Cowboys' thread which appeared on the PSG forum.

A possible underlying reason for the 'niggle' is that some of them are writing books or other publications and we are kind of taking away the impact of such publications if you see what I mean.

Awww, poor them.

Yay I'm a cowboy. :)

The pillboxes were pretty good too lol we seemed to have wandered a bit from the thread

Since HER records are public, this blows apart any exclusive and misguided notion of "protection". Hiding things away is not a useful way to go about anything.

I pointed this out to the chap in question, who I believe is reporting them to the HER. He's maintained internet silence on the subject ever since, but still doesn't post locations. I don't think this site has been attacked in any way by the PSG or it's members, just you spray can toting, glue sniffing, crack taking cowboys in general :mrgreen:

Back to the PB's now I think.

Cheers for that Steve I've seen the second website before (when I was doing a bit of research on the pillboxes) but I've never seen the first one. So it had to go because of vandalism, I'm surprised the pillboxes weren't vandalised more than they were being so close to where the viaduct ran

Nice one Steve.

Great thread Jonney, without which I probably never would have seen that impressive viaduct. Hope you get the other 23 sometime mate. :)

Back