Undercliff Remains, Jurassic Coastline, Devon.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking at the picture of that lovely old chimney again and it seems to me that the top few feet have been restored or at least repointed.I wonder who did it.

Yes, I think it may have been done when the pathway was made user-friendlier and the info boards put up. Probably when it became a World Heritage site. I know English Nature looked after Goat Island but I don't know who looks after the coastal path/WH site now.
Sorry, oldscrote...I still haven't looked up about the pumping station. I have a file full of hard copies of history/info from the library from when I was doing research a good 12 years ago. I even met John Fowles (author of French Lieutenant's Woman) at his house as part of that...lovely old chap. :) I'll let you know what I find out though.

While i've been watching TV and stuffing my self almost continuously on christmasey goodness you've been out getting fresh air and exercise:no::nah:!! I would love to do this walk on a nice summer day :)

While i've been watching TV and stuffing my self almost continuously on christmasey goodness you've been out getting fresh air and exercise...

Oh, I've been the same Al, apart from the TV bit...lol...this was done back in September, but I just hadn't got around to posting it! I'm amazed it came out okay tbh, as I wrote it all up and got the report and pics together after drinking copious amounts of Christmas Eve beer. :mrgreen:

I've just found a bit more info. Apparently, the pumping station was used to pump water from the undercliff up to the top. Why, I've no idea, but I'll keep on digging. :)

EDIT: Oh, and look forward to your pics, Neosea.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back