Walker & Woodward Ltd, Birmingham

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only just caught up on this thread. Nice photos Lightbuoy, although i still can't be sure who the 'climbing over wall shot' is of - probably me

Last edited:
Planning a visit to Birmingham this weekend (the 9th Dec) and really want to explore this place, looks great:mrgreen: Would you mind giving me some description on the location of this.

Also if you know of anywhere else in the city that is as good as this, would appreciate it,

S4M

Wow that place looks untouched in decades. Just beautiful. It would have been royally chav'ed up and covered in pigeon poo round where I live. Great report.

The 1943 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham & Suburbs (Brass Founders section) lists a business by the name of 'Walker & Woodward Ltd (cast hinges, stamped & bar work)' at the Legge Lane address. Baron R Walker's brass founding company manufactured a range of brass instruments, including spirit levels.

Been up today and the site is sold pending planning for the obvious.........flats.
Better get a meet together quick. I need to see this place!

noooooooo, hope they aren't going to demolish the building, hope they are only going to turn the whole building into flats. its a lovely building, would be a bloody waste if they were to demolish it.

Bloody councils, planner and developers. grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Now what a coincidence, we were loitering with intent here earlier today :( New boards and new razor wire :(

I think we need to organize something in Brum soon. here are plenty of places, but with probably only limited time before they go. The old Swan kettle works is being stripped think as part of a big development. :(

Disappointing that their is no history

Here's what I found a while back when I tried to get in there.

http://www.thestirrer.co.uk/sb2803071.html

I know it as Barrowclift Spinnings, but by the look of it, there were 3 buildings on one site.
Gotta see the inside, however, I've seen posts elsewhere to suggest that there are a few druggies that have moved in. A big group maybe needed if we want to go back in!!!!! There's plenty more places that are un-secure if we can't get in here tho!!!:)

The place has always been a haven, and I think a body was found there last year, or the year before. Not a great thing to find when out on a fun explore eh? It's just become a problem over the last few months. So I'm told anyway.

Would be a real shame if it doesn't get seen by a few more people, despite it's really poor condition it is a gem of an explore.

Latest posts

Back