Water pumping station, Halesowen, 26-07-08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virusman26

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
After being here at the end of 07, I decided to head back with a few peeps and get some shots of the inside of the main control/measuring room. This place must have been used in conjunction with the underground reservoir up the road. Some great stuff still left in there, including some great old paper rolls that were used on the cylindrical water flow meters. Cool little explore, caught a nice tan.

DSCF4292.png

DSCF4305.png

DSCF4309.png

DSCF4324.png

DSCF4337.png

DSCF4342.png

DSCF4359.png

DSCF4361.png

DSCF4393.png

DSCF4402.png

HOWEVER!!!!! Just to warn anyone that has been, or wants to go, one of our team almost died here!!!!! We had finished and were getting a few exterior shots, when one of the group, Ben, decided to walk across a large metal plate in the ground. It gave way and we didn't realise there was a good 10 foot drop onto concrete and old rusty sluice gates. He got winded by the plate, and then we had to pull the poor sod out of the ground, and he went into shock. His chest was cut up and his arms were badly bruised. We all panicked so much, and ended up getting him to Russels Hall A+E for a check up. Lucky escape for an Urbex novice, hence why I only usually go with Diulted. The "X" factor as he says!!:eek:

Last edited:
Looks like a nice little explore VM. Loving the old equipment in there. Prime example of the potential dangers of exploring -just shows how easy a good explore can quickly turn bad. As mentioned by others, hope that Ben has fully recovered and no permanent damage done :)

Lb:jimlad:

Yeah cheers guys, he's ok now. Just some bruising and a bit of a shock. To be honest, it was only his 3rd explore in 2 weekends, and it really knocked him about. I think he'll stay away from urbex for a while, if not for good now!!:cry: Poor bugger.

Nice report, and pics VM. Ben needs to get back on the horse ASAP. Get him exploring again before he loses interest. He will get over his brush with death and learn from it. :p

Latest posts

Back