Wolsey Factory, Leicester

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i think they have alreaady started as wwe were walking along there is asbestos removing equipment in the buildings along the walkway :( so i would suggest if you want to go it would have to be soon. glad i got to see it

P.s. -I seem to remember that Wolsey were teamed up with Singer (badge engineering?) and also made sewing machines? Answers on a postcard -or on here please! :mrgreen:

Lb:cool:

Excellent photos chaps! :)

Is this Wosley as in the old car makers?

Lb:cool:

They made hosiery and stuff, heres a little bit of info off my site:

Wolsey is one of the oldest textile companies in the world, having been established in 1755. The company, until the death of HM The Queen Mother, held two Royal Warrants for its services to various British Royal Households. The headquarters of the business was situated near to Leicester Abbey, which is the burial place of Cardinal Wolsey. To honor this connection the business established the trading name of 'Wolsey' and as such became one of the first brand names.

wol5.jpg

That is some awesome art work, surely that must of taken hours.

Excellent explore, really liking this one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

demo work started:(
wolsey2.png

wolsey3.png

the whole place is nearly gone now.

one good thing was we found this 1966 leicester mecury
merc.png

is the chimney being demolished? maybe they will do a fred dibnah style demolition or it is more likely that they will get a crane and take it down brick by brick, how boring!

Last edited:
you had better be quick demo seem to be going along fast.:(
i think the only thing that will be kept is the tower

Got there this morning. It was a peaceful explore, but I'd say that 80% of it is now demoed. Got to see a lot of the graffiti - some of it is amazing.

I'm just off to post my pictures!

Latest posts

Back