Worrying report

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. A decommissioned nuclear powerplant is very different from a soggy hospital. As Kerela said, its a criminal offence to trespass at a nuclear powerstation. In addition to that he had a lock-knife, didn't have car insurance etc.

He really was asking for it.

It's not worrying at all. All licensed nuclear sites are designated protected sites and trespass is a criminal offence on them, the same as it is on crown land, mod land and railway land. What else would you really expect?

Full details here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...e-serious-organised-crime-and-police-act-2005

Yep - As a powerstation explorer I often toyed with the idea of a nuclear site. That was until I googled the consequences, that put me right off.... I'll stick to coal hahahaha

It isn't just the trespass aspect one should take into account when decommissioned nuclear sites, and other sites that dealt with dangerous chemicals, seem to be beckoning. Of course these sites have been properly decommissioned and all 'nasties' removed - but mistakes can happen or the odd bit of contamination could have been missed. Not nice to think of somebody scattering chemical dust or radio active particles around their home and community. Even though it was the most regulated and controlled area of my work, I was always 'on edge' when dealing with radio active matter - the seemingly odd pause in the counter clicks or wondering what your lapel monitor badge would show at the end of the survey!

Yep - As a powerstation explorer I often toyed with the idea of a nuclear site. That was until I googled the consequences, that put me right off.... I'll stick to coal hahahaha

Seriously, best to forget anything like that - folk who have been on the scene for a while will maybe recall explorers being caught at Littlebrook B, which was a shut-down thermal station with a mock-up reactor built by BNG for training purposes ... and it was next door to an active thermal plant on the same site.

The security at live and decommissioned nuclear plants and anywhere related to them is much higher than elsewhere, for good reason...

Is it that much different then? what about other government sites, strange how they can use higher punishments because of the type of government property.

I EXPLORED the INSIDE of the SPOOKIEST prison cell in the COUNTRY. You won't BELIEVE what HAPPENED when I BENT OVER.

Ha Ha gotta love the youtubers!
Unfortunately if all youngsters are like my 12yr old I can only see these cretins growing in strength.

Is it that much different then? what about other government sites, strange how they can use higher punishments because of the type of government property.

Believe it or not the law changed primarily to stop direct action protesters getting in the way and creating bad publicity. It has little to do with national security.

6. Penalty
6.1 The penalties attached to this offence in England (and Wales) under section 128(5) are that a person guilty of the offence is liable on summary conviction to (a) imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months, or (b) to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both. The same penalties exist in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Up to 6 months and/or an unlimited maximum fine. That's quite different to the dick all they can do about civil trespass.

Believe it or not the law changed primarily to stop direct action protesters getting in the way and creating bad publicity. It has little to do with national security.

6. Penalty
6.1 The penalties attached to this offence in England (and Wales) under section 128(5) are that a person guilty of the offence is liable on summary conviction to (a) imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months, or (b) to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both. The same penalties exist in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Up to 6 months and/or an unlimited maximum fine. That's quite different to the dick all they can do about civil trespass.

Thanks Krela, still confused though does that apply to all government property, or was is specific to protect Nuclear for the reasons you have mentioned above?
Or is it more a case of they generally just wouldn't bother applying that law for anywhere else!

The law CAN be applied to any MoD or Crown property, but isn't universally applied - however it IS applied to all active rail lines and Network Rail property. Trespassing on railways has always been criminally illegal. Yes that's very vague, but don't go on active MoD land, don't dick around with royalty and their homes, and you'll be fine. As a community we've managed for years without anyone who isn't already a muppet being prosecuted... basic common sense works.

The law CAN be applied to any MoD or Crown property, but isn't universally applied - however it IS applied to all active rail lines and Network Rail property. Trespassing on railways has always been criminally illegal. Yes that's very vague, but don't go on active MoD land, don't dick around with royalty and their homes, and you'll be fine. As a community we've managed for years without anyone who isn't already a muppet being prosecuted... basic common sense works.

Good advice!
The railway laws have changed since I was a kid, we used to play on the line in the village I lived which was on an uphill stretch from Harringworth viaduct (longest viaduct in the uk). On more than one occasion the trains would stop & the driver shout at us out of the window, oh happy days lol.

Latest posts

Back