Your opinion

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gushysfella

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Ok so been around the forum for a few years and have to say really enjoy your post’s some fantastic photos and spent many hours looking through your reports, thanks and well done lads and lasses.
Never got the urbex thing and for years I found many a chav or “photographer” lurking around sites in my passed job, (many a pykie too but wasn’t so polite!!) but I’m converted I really do get it now. That’s down to you lot so thanks again. It wasn’t until finding derelict places website that I realised so many people where interested in military buildings, and bunkers yet I spent most of my working life in them!! Now I have a question..........

Near me there is an R1 bunker that was sealed and if you didn’t know the history you would never know it was there. I have done a little digging (not with a spade) and through contacts I have from my passed job have been in talks with the present owners. They have no plans for the bunker in fact one high position holding chap I took to the site didn’t even know it was there! So I got thinking would it be of so much interest to you if the place was opened and turned into a visitors centre and reconditioned or is it simply not the same to a “urbex’er”

I know this isn’t a report and may end up in the pit so sorry, just a question of your opinions

Cheers and keep up the good work on reports Lee.:mrgreen:

Someone asked a similar question about doing something similar with part of an asylum as part of their uni dissertation and I think similar ideas apply here.

Urbexers are so small in number that they would do nothing to keep the idea financially afloat. Similarly urbexers are still (mostly) normal people and go to museums that interest them as well as doing things 'unofficially' as it were.

So really all the considerations are the same as they would be for any other project of this kind, basically it's all about the money and funding.

I would imagine the guys at Drakelow would be a good starting point.

Someone asked a similar question about doing something similar with part of an asylum as part of their uni dissertation and I think similar ideas apply here.

Urbexers are so small in number that they would do nothing to keep the idea financially afloat. Similarly urbexers are still (mostly) normal people and go to museums that interest them as well as doing things 'unofficially' as it were.

So really all the considerations are the same as they would be for any other project of this kind, basically it's all about the money and funding.

I would imagine the guys at Drakelow would be a good starting point.

what he said :lol::lol:There are a number of different types of places from ROC posts on the small side to Nuclear bunkers on the large side but what Krela said holds true:)

Thanks for your post - I'm always really interested to hear about people thinking about a preservation. It's not for the faint-hearted and as Krela says, a lot of the comments on the thread about asylum preservation ring true. Talking to Derelict-UK about his experiences with Drakelow would be really useful, as might having a word with any of the Sub-Brit bods on here who know anything about the Wartling R3 Preservation. (I've not been involved personally, but they've done quite a lot of work recently making it secure and stopping some of the water ingress that has plagued it).Sub - Brit are generally quite supportive of people wanting to do preservation, so they might at least be able to give some advice about it.
GDZ

Latest posts

Back