Bath Street mill - May 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImmortalShadow

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
After getting told about this place by a friend, I decided to go for a bit of an explore, no doubt this place has been done loads of times before. Apologese if these photo's aren't good - I'm pretty new to this.

We didn't...
IMG_4734.jpg

It's amazing what random stuff you find.
IMG_4790.jpg

Original lift shaft.
IMG_4763.jpg

As you can see, the stairs aren't in working order :lol:
IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4757.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

... I have more photo's but wasn't sure what the limit on photo's was.

I really like the way that in the building, you can visibly see the change from when it was a mill, through to offices.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
This is nice. Don't think I know this one...whereabouts is this?
Your photos are fine, Jimba. It really depends on yourself and on the explore as to how many pics you post. If there's quite a few it helps loading if the pics are resized down though.
Welcome to DP, btw. :)

Thank you :) I tried to resize the images but it didn't seem to work.
Yeah, it's the one in Derby, if you know where the River Derwent is, it's very close to that.

I was testing an old camera and had a film to finish not long ago so I popped in here. Noticed someone had forced the gate so was expecting the worst but it appears untouched from when I last visited a year ago (it's now secured; otherwise I wouldn't be mentioning this).

Hope you don't mind if I put a few pictures up; don't have enough for a full report.

3561061392_4d53d23024.jpg

Interior

3560247385_42a875a662.jpg

Exterior

3596209288_cd0be603ff.jpg

Bacon

Bit of history. The building is part of the Derwent Valley heritage site and is almost 200 years old; although it has been extended several times. Original a silk mill it later became a factory and has had numerous uses. It was occupied by a furniture company when it closed; and several of the out buildings were used by smaller firms including a garage and an electrician.

Nice set of photo's, I particuly like the middle one.

Just looking at your photo of bacon (love it btw!) It's amazing what random crap you can find, isn't it? First time I went, I found a toy dragon. The second time I went (which is when I took the photo's above) I found that video of The Matrix, the peices were all over the floor and the third time I went I found a hi-fi speaker :lol: not two, just the one! Wonder what will show up next...

For those who are interested in seeing what Bath Street mill looked like before, I have re-uploaded a few of the photo's I took.

Others on the forum have also taken photo's of the inside.

Latest posts

Back