George Barnsleys, Sheffield, July 2010

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fidget64

Reaction score
Unfortunately this wonderful, amazing place has had more visitors than Alton Towers in the last few weeks so the doors are likely to be locked more securely than ever in the very near future.
George Barnsley and Sons Ltd was founded in 1836 and finally closed its doors in 2003, they produced all manner of things - hammers, awls, knives, running spikes etc.
Some of the tools are readily available on ebay and are not fetching any large sums of money. The value of George Barnsleys to me is not the tools but the building and its contents, the history contained here is jaw dropping, this is the sort of building the National Trust or English Heritage should be actively conserving. Sadly it's the pikies that are slowly stripping the place, but you do also get the feeling that someone higher up the food chain is just waiting for it to fall down.
Anyway on with the pics...
DSCF2345.jpg

DSCF1946.jpg

DSCF1888.jpg

DSCF2143.jpg

DSCF2293.jpg

DSCF2289.jpg

DSCF2233.jpg

DSCF2306.jpg

DSCF2131-Copy.jpg

DSCF2148.jpg

DSCF2169.jpg

DSCF2201.jpg

DSCF2033.jpg

DSCF2060.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

DSCF2115-Copy.jpg

DSCF2120-Copy.jpg

DSCF1943.jpg

DSCF1977.jpg

DSCF1987.jpg

DSCF1882.jpg

Thanks for that fidget64. I've not yet been to a derelict factory and haven't really considered it up until now but i will definately look into exploring a few in the near future.

Thanks again

This is a great slice of history well captured..all that quaint marking out where various tools were stored..love it.

What a fascinating find, with so much still remaining from years back. It will be such a shame to see it trashed and lost forever.

Latest posts

Back