Barnes Hospital - My First Explore!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kehumff

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Having seen posts on this site for barnes Hospital Cheadle and living quite close i decided to give it a visit.
I must admit the building is in a poor state at the moment and there are some pretty dangerous parts to loom out for.
However it was a great way to cut your teeth in the exploring world.
I felt a little rushed and i didnt really get the images i was hoping for but i will share them with you anyway.
7346390916_0c0b565e34_b.jpg

7161178353_8ed3ca258e_b.jpg

7161172677_1423212fcf_b.jpg

7161170711_233f04d4c6_b.jpg

7161174679_33e833cdbc_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think I have seen this place before so thanks for posting. Next time though, a little less HDR would be great!

I have edited your post to remove the exact date that you visited just to protect you and stay in line with the forum rules :)

Last edited:
Oddly enough that was one of our "first" formal exsplores in as much as we took a camera and documented it! If you're like us though you'll have been exploring for years but you just won't have realised it! It's an odd place isn't it. Did you find the clock tower entrance?

Echoing my esteemed Mod colleague, please ease back on the HDR next time as the guide lines do ask that HDR is not used.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did seeing the "old gal" once again, she doesn't look to have changed overly much in 12 months which is very strange when you reckon it was supposed to have been finished and inhabited nearly 12 years ago now if my memory serves me correctly!!!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

All best wishes...

I really like this, great 1st report and your images are top notch.

(Gotta ask, talk to me about your processing, because if that is HDR either my eyes are knackered or that's the subtlest processing I've seen in a while).

everytime someone uses selective desaturation god kills a puppy

Main thing is getting out there are enjoying it :) there's plenty to do in stockport and if your looking for your next explore look over the road from the old Harley Davidson centre

Thank you all for the feedback, although i am knocking on a few years i like to get out and about, i am not so great at the post editing and recently started toying with the HDR although i like to keep it subtle.
The pic i forgot to put on was the one where my foot went through the fllor boards 3 stories up, it wasnt long after that i decided to leave :)
i will post it on after this message,
King Rat thank you for the kind words, the editing was done using a plug in on CS5 .....HDR Efex Pro
Seriously looking at a trip to Chernobyl for Oct , this really would float my boat.
Cheers folks.

7164037373_cbaed03798_c.jpg

Thats the dodgy floorboard, got to be careful doing this as a hobby :p
7161173509_ffae9f4bb7_c.jpg

A quirky pic at my buddy messing with his torch.

Nice report and pics, I too use HDR efex for CS5 and find it does a very good, yet subtle job of the HDR treatment. Thanks for sharing.

great photos iv been in the barnes a few times now...its very hard to get into but i made friends with the security! and be carefull dont get chased out by the dogs n drop ur camera like i did hehe xx

Latest posts

Back