Brux Lodge, Aberdeen-shire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost

Reaction score
PC204188.jpg

Brux Lodge sits in rural Aberdeen-shire between Kildrummy and Alford
I struck it at the wrong time as there was a hunt on - so forgive the slightly crummy photos. Gunshots and highly-strung toffs bobbing about weren't the best for nerves!

PC204189.jpg

There is an unusual 'caution' notice at the front door - telling you to take care, rather than not go in at all!

PC204149.jpg

The house is a bit older than this, I think this must be from the demolished extension

PC204153.jpg

Very '60s wood-burner surround

PC204160.jpg

Twisting staircase

PC204164.jpg

Tipples

PC204166.jpg

Completely destroyed piano. Someone had been setting fires in this room:(

PC204169.jpg

Junk mail isn't a modern thing - hitherto unopened Persil promotion from the 1960s

PC204172.jpg

This room is strewn with all kinds of stuff like this, including personal correspondence to the last owner (who has an interesting back story you can read about here). Sadly the rest of the house is pretty stripped out and fairly dangerous in places

PC204184.jpg

I found these beehive frames upstairs which tie in with...

PC204192.jpg

...this, which I thought was an outdoor lavvy.:lol:

Here are some more links relating to Elizabeth/Ewan Forbes-Sempill

http://www.firstfoot.com/Great Scot/elizabthsempill.htm

http://www.pfc.org.uk/node/390

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20001022/ai_n13955079

Last edited:
Only there in spirit.

Or should that be spirits? :D

Only there for support anyhoo. :)

"Toff" is not a word that would spring readily to the minds of anyone who knows me. ;)

Lovely house! There seem to be loads of these houses left abandoned up there - lucky sods!

Really liking the "snakey" staircase - it would be fun to do that whilst drunk on all those spirits. I would have freaked at those hive cases - softy eh?
I want that wood burner in my house.

Excellent find this. :)

Wow what an excellent find - loving the bottles, and the pic of the sheet music; shame about the piano :(

Wow what an excellent find - loving the bottles, and the pic of the sheet music; shame about the piano :(

Never mind that... I'm just disgusted how anyone would have the gall to charge 7 and a half new pence for a giant box of Persil.

Hang on, there's a coupon for nearly 2 new pence off. Phew. :D

yeyyy you went!!
I went with a rather drunken vladimir who fell through the floor in the room of treasure :/

It was him who drank all the wine in the under-stair cubby?:eek:
Parts of it are indeed a bit rotten, any idea how long it's been disused?
Bit strange that there is still a sign for it at the end of the road.

Interesting … but I think the outside lavvy is possibly a game larder.

thats good off you !!! toffs bobbing arounds , very good, i like it sean as we(the keeper and beaters so scruff bags like yourself) drove past you on our return to have lunch, there was no gun shots any where near you, and the so called toffs were having lunch a mile away so there goes your lame excuses for your poor photos!!!!!

its good to know you have openly admitted on a public forum that you have entered a building with out permission of the owner, very wise..... now we shall wait and see what my boss and the police have to say about your little ventures!!!!! you say that it had a sign saying caution but nothing about not entering< well post you address up here and il come around to your property and have a nose about..

hope your happily awaiting that knock at the door

its good to know you have openly admitted on a public forum that you have entered a building with out permission of the owner, very wise..... now we shall wait and see what my boss and the police have to say about your little ventures!!!!!

Please, do tell us what the police have to say. I'm sure they'll have forensics secure the place immediately until this dastardly culprit is caught :rolleyes:

thats good off you !!! toffs bobbing arounds , very good, i like it sean as we(the keeper and beaters so scruff bags like yourself) drove past you on our return to have lunch, there was no gun shots any where near you, and the so called toffs were having lunch a mile away so there goes your lame excuses for your poor photos!!!!!

its good to know you have openly admitted on a public forum that you have entered a building with out permission of the owner, very wise..... now we shall wait and see what my boss and the police have to say about your little ventures!!!!! you say that it had a sign saying caution but nothing about not entering< well post you address up here and il come around to your property and have a nose about..

hope your happily awaiting that knock at the door

Glad there's no bitterness...
Feel free to have a nose around my place. I'll leave the door open, eh?

Latest posts

Back