Plymouth Grove Pub!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bignickb

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
It was built around 1874 - a time when Manchester had hundreds of public houses to comfort the thousands working in awful conditions in the many mills that made many people rich by paying the lower classes menial wages!
The Plymouth Grove is one of the very few remaining from that era and a monument to the victorian splendour applied to the city's architecture.
It has been boarded up for at least ten years that I know of and has beaten the developers to the extent that it stands alone amongst the modern buildings popping up all over the city.
This may not last for much longer for I have just read that it could be put up for sale and if so - one word; Bulldozer!!
It's distinctive clock tower would have set it as a treasure amongst buildings of its' time and they want to remove it like it never existed and build yet more poncey flats that no one can afford anyway!
A true travesty but here are the images I promised myself I would take for many years!
There is no way in and chances are it would be highly dangerous anyway, I got the internal pics by merely sticking my lens through gaps in the sheet metal that is covering all exits and windows.

Fungid-2.jpg

Fungid-11.jpg

Fungid-15.jpg

Fungid-21.jpg

Fungid-17.jpg

Fungid-25.jpg

Fungid-29.jpg

Fungid-30.jpg

Fungid-31.jpg

ive seen this place before but cant for the life of me remember where it is!

looks stripped inside tho!

My ex-girlfriend used to live near here, & I'm sure we passed it at least once.

That's an amazing building...unusual and quirky. Isn't it listed, at all? :icon_evil I won't rant...I could, but I won't! :lol:
Thanks for posting your photos, Bignick. At least we've had a chance to see it before it goes. :)

That so needs to be preserved.

The way it's stripped inside, it looks like work started on it.

Not necessarily. Only 10 years ago it wasn't unusual in some of the less salubrious areas of Manchester for a property to be COMPLETELY stripped of anything of value within 24 hours of it becoming empty.

Latest posts

Back