Defended Building- Burghfield, Berks

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalNoise

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Here's one for you Foxy, I've been meaning to get a few snaps of this place for ages now. It is a stable block made into a double storey shellproof pillbox. It has been converted into a 'summer home' in 1994 but still retains all of the embrasure shutters. Nice!
I imagine this would have been bristling with Bren guns in the war, Initially the larger embrasure looked suitable for an anti tank gun but it's nowhere near big enough!
Note also the loopholed wall stretching out from the side of the building.
3334442619_9b563c8f43_b.jpg

3334452153_0c5276b7fd_b.jpg

Angled embrasure facing down the main road
3334460199_c5ed7b1ef6_b.jpg

The other lower level embrasure
3334472349_36b623a6c8_b.jpg

Showing the embrasures on the wall beside. These all still have their shutters in place too.
3335312804_25cee41a1d_b.jpg

Now, I wonder how much this place goes for, I love it!!

Wow -this has got to be pretty unique. You obviously has your eagle eyes switched on to spot this -nice one DN :)

Yeah mate, what a place! Totally unique. I'd love to have gotten inside 15 years ago. Nice to see that the character of the building was looked after during the conversion too

Great find. Places like this must be very rare now. Nice that the shutters are still there.

Have had this one on the' to do' list for about a year (along with about 18,000 others) just waiting for a cracking bit of evening summer sunshine !!! If this summer tis like the last it will still be on my list in 2010 !!
Nice shots again !!

Cracking place. I'd rather see conversions keeping the orginal features opposed to completely changing the structure. Nice pics.

Unreal man, never seen anything likt it! How cool having loopholes in yer house :)

Latest posts

Back