St Lawrences Hospital, Bodmin - March 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chase779

Reaction score
Upon arriving access looked impossible, with almost every external window boared up.

The County Lunatic Asylum, for the reception of private patients and pauper lunatics, a little to the west of the Town of Bodmin on a site of about 9 acres, consists of eight blocks of buildings radiating from a centre, with annexes and detached blocks subsequently erected and residences for the various officers.

Photo’s:

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

www.urbexing.com

I like the way some jobsworth has bothered to put a 'Slipping Hazard' safety cone on the patch of water in the main hall when the place is boarded up!! Liking the pics though - beautiful main hall, as in so many of these places.

Excellent!

The Main Hall is fantastic -one of the best that I've seen. Hopefully the owners will do something about the leaky roof :(

Thanks for sharing. Don't see many from this place internally -refreshingly different :)

wow.... Bodmin as in, Bodmin cornwal????

Think i saw this place on way back from Holidays. Looked Impossible to get in so we gave it a miss!

next time i go, i WILL get in there lol:lol:

Latest posts

Back