1st Post, RAF West Raynham. Pic heavy

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im not being a dick to stat an argument by the way.

if someone suggested id broken in somewhere and i hadnt id defend myself to the hilt

It's neither here nor there really, what was posted very strongly suggested he had which whether you have or not is a really stupid thing to post on a public, and as the person responsible for this website it's me that is in the firing line for it.

Most of the rules here exist for your own safety. The police do check these forums and they do ocassionally ask for peoples details, so incriminating yourself in criminal activity is not a good idea for any of us. It's not particularly pleasant for me to have to deal with and certainly not fun for the people involved.

Very well done Tanner, that's a brilliant report. You have really done the place justice. Did you not make it to the old Watch Ops Tower?

Nice pictures. the runway kind of reminds me of the RAF site near me that i visited earlier this year. Also the site has a Command tower but its sealed tight it would take a bit more than a "shove" to get the doors open in there. ;)

Very well done Tanner, that's a brilliant report. You have really done the place justice. Did you not make it to the old Watch Ops Tower?

Thankyou very much :) I believe I went in the old ops tower (if it's the one in-between hangers 2 and 3) but the ladder to the second door was missing and the boton level was empty. I think I have a couple of pictures but nothing too good really.

Thankyou very much :) I believe I went in the old ops tower (if it's the one in-between hangers 2 and 3) but the ladder to the second door was missing and the boton level was empty. I think I have a couple of pictures but nothing too good really.
If you ever fancy a co explore, PM me.

Pt-19

For the record, the PT-19 (is indeed N33870 and owned by CFMC) is not pending a restoration and is very well looked after. Restoration was completed over two years ago and she's flown close to 50 hours since then including a number of displays. She was spending a few days at Raynham as her owner lives close by.

She has never had anything to do with Reading Aero Club, and is unique in the UK. The only other one in Europe lives in Norway.

For the record, there is a camera in that hangar.

G

For the record, the PT-19 (is indeed N33870 and owned by CFMC) is not pending a restoration and is very well looked after. Restoration was completed over two years ago and she's flown close to 50 hours since then including a number of displays. She was spending a few days at Raynham as her owner lives close by.

She has never had anything to do with Reading Aero Club, and is unique in the UK. The only other one in Europe lives in Norway.

For the record, there is a camera in that hangar.

G

Thanks for the info bud :)

I heard rumors regarding a camera in hanger 4 so we were cautious about going in, as far as we could see there wernt any obvious cameras. There could well have been one hidden somewhere but we were in the hanger about 30 mins and no one came to find us.

Where abouts are you from mate?

Raynham

I'm also from Norfolk.

The cameras are there, allbeit discrete - movement sensitive they start recording when movement is detected.

George

Thanks for the info bud :)

I heard rumors regarding a camera in hanger 4 so we were cautious about going in, as far as we could see there wernt any obvious cameras. There could well have been one hidden somewhere but we were in the hanger about 30 mins and no one came to find us.

Where abouts are you from mate?

They aren't obvious? It's a bloody great black PTZ Dome camera on the wall above the aircraft.

Pt-19

Neither troll nor spy, sadly. Both sound more interesting than the job I spend my days doing!

I am involved with the PT-19. I fly it and help look after her.

G

Latest posts

Back