30th Birthday Party - Chernobyl

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love all the reports you've done on Chernobyl and Pripyat, been really interested in it since my mum mentioned it during the Fukushima disaster last year. Always look forward to your next post.

Oh.....my....God!

That place is the stuff of dreams for me. Would love to go there. Is it expensive?

Looking on Google maps, there seems to be a fence all the way round the city.

Oh.....my....God!

That place is the stuff of dreams for me. Would love to go there. Is it expensive?

Looking on Google maps, there seems to be a fence all the way round the city.

Depends what you do there! This trip I only booked a 4 hour tourist trip in the zone. About £150 per person. Normally to do this experience you'd have to book all the places in the trip to ensure its private (16 x £150). But I done a deal ;) Plus flights, which are normally cheap - but my Bday fell in the middle of Euro 2012, which was in Kiev, so i paid a fortune! Plus a hotel in Kiev both sides.

Yes there is a fence around the city. And the reactor, and the 10km checkpoints, and the 30km checkpoint. All are military patrolled. It's militarized zone. The city is derelict, but Reactor 4 hasn't been decommissioned, so is a live nuclear site.

Back