Aircraft Museum

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to work on the flightline next to 8 Squadron at RAF Lossiemouth back in the 1980's and one of the thing i'll always remember is a "Shack" flying down the flightline over my head at about 50 feet! Nice aeroplane.

As an old pilot (ex RAF too), I find the site of abandoned aircraft so sad. They all have a feel - a soul. No two fly exactly the same, and is it not a testament to their construction that, abandoned as these are, there is relatively little rust on the airframes. Of course, they will never fly again, but what memories are in those old birds.

Love it as I love aviation... would love to go there... propper good find. Really nice pics and a tad jelous you were there!

Love it as I love aviation... would love to go there... propper good find. Really nice pics and a tad jelous you were there!

Its on a friends airfield and was a permission visit ;)

Here's the plane as you go into the place, it was painted towards the end of last year so this could be what you were told flyboys90 :)

12416349753_45fa2ebf73_h.jpg

12416348493_14abe12d77_h.jpg

12416201015_e9b20520df_h.jpg

Cool pics, made me smile and a tad jealous of you been there. Time to google search for me I must go there!

Cool pics, made me smile and a tad jealous of you been there. Time to google search for me I must go there!

Been there :mrgreen: my Mrs recons I live there ;) been going there for over 20 years (The very first time was late 70s) from March to end of October I am there nearly every other weekend.

Latest posts

Back