Animal Laboratories

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaSmilla

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to ask if you know if in London, Kent or other area same zone ,there are ex animal laboratories that I could still visit.
Also how do you know when searching abandoned building that inside it was an ex animal laborator ?
Thank you

All the ones I knew of have long gone. I'm sure if you put the research in you'll find any that are currently out there.

Also how do you know when searching abandoned building that inside it was an ex animal laborator ?

Oh you'll know when you're in there.

All the ones I knew of have long gone. I'm sure if you put the research in you'll find any that are currently out there.

Oh you'll know when you're in ther

Oh you'll know when you're in th

Oh you'll know when you're in there.
I tried to research here but I could find posts only about 2017/18 .I am sure it is easier find out about military sites than animal labs. I didn't find lots of posts in general ,not only in this website.

Strange question tbh, why the obsession with animal labs?

as above I dont know of any left, huntingdon Life sci has now all gone too & I only ever did a small part of it.
This was in face one of prob only 4 places Iv been caught lol

Strange question tbh, why the obsession with animal labs?

as above I dont know of any left, huntingdon Life sci has now all gone too & I only ever did a small part of it.
This was in face one of prob only 4 places Iv been caught lol
Hello,
I am just interested in see one ,as I never explore one before.I read that sometimes when abandoned for not too long, you can still find trace of what they were doing, not just the walls. Maybe to see the cruelty of the humans capable to do a job like that.
Actually aereoplanes are my favourite.

Hello,
I am just interested in see one ,as I never explore one before.I read that sometimes when abandoned for not too long, you can still find trace of what they were doing, not just the walls. Maybe to see the cruelty of the humans capable to do a job like that.
lot more aeroplanes about lol

Hello,
'cruelty' is relative. Should humans not poison rats? Should humans not kill mosquitoes? After all, humans are just a species of animal. We use animals to further human knowledge; carnivores (lions, foxes, sharks) use (other) animals as food, as we do. And I have worked in a slaughterhouse. All places of work hold a fascination for me.

'cruelty' is relative. Should humans not poison rats? Should humans not kill mosquitoes? After all, humans are just a species of animal. We use animals to further human knowledge; carnivores (lions, foxes, sharks) use (other) animals as food, as we do. And I have worked in a slaughterhouse. All places of work hold a fascination for me.
Exactly... Of course it is a TERRIBLE thing to experiment on animals, any right minded person would agree, BUT, it is also a necessary part of our survival as a species. If it were not for such experimentation we would still have smallpox and god know what other terrible diseases. Look at things like the "black death" [is that racist now??] if that came back around it could wipe out half the population of the world, but thanks to experimentation, at least we have some chance now of fighting back.

john..

Exactly... Of course it is a TERRIBLE thing to experiment on animals, any right minded person would agree, BUT, it is also a necessary part of our survival as a species. If it were not for such experimentation we would still have smallpox and god know what other terrible diseases. Look at things like the "black death" [is that racist now??] if that came back around it could wipe out half the population of the world, but thanks to experimentation, at least we have some chance now of fighting back.

john..
As for "is black death racist now??" , there is a London-based organisation called UK Finance that claims 'black market' is racist. Or its 'white' chief executive
does! Long before black amd white were erroneously used to describe races, they had negative and positive meanings. In the 'black' African country of Lesotho, there is Thaba Ntso - 'Black Mountain'. And a common farewell to someone going on a journey is Tsela tsoeu - 'white road'. Are they racist too?

Back to using animals to advance medicine, I wonder how the Covid-19 pandemic would have affected national populations if there had not been all the decades of animal use to find new medical treatments since the so-called Spanish Flu pandemic just after World War One. And whether the Chinese were using animals in that lab in Wuhan is still officially an unknown.

In labs there are tourturing animals.
An example : they test a shampoo on monkeys eyes .If you shower and you got shampoo in your eyes , it is not a nice feeling but you can rinse yourself .Image having shampoo in your eyes for 24 hours or more. That is a big difference to slowly die because they test and tourture

"black death" [is that racist now??]
brilliant :ROFLMAO:
it's a valid fear of being unpersoned though; there are people who take political correctness to extremes. When I was a kid, there were some extreme feminists who objected to 'hymn' books. Honestly! I'd ask where common sense has gone to, but I can tell you that, it got flushed as unPC and unWoke. I am wondering what will happen in astrophysics? will black holes have to be 'non-emitting holes?' what about chess? is it supremacist that white moves first? it's getting silly. I'm pink. I'd worry if I was white. desanguination is never healthy.

In labs there are tourturing animals.
An example : they test a shampoo on monkeys eyes .If you shower and you got shampoo in your eyes , it is not a nice feeling but you can rinse yourself .Image having shampoo in your eyes for 24 hours or more. That is a big difference to slowly die because they test and tourture
Please tell me, where do I find the evidence for this?

Last edited:
it's a valid fear of being unpersoned though; there are people who take political correctness to extremes. When I was a kid, there were some extreme feminists who objected to 'hymn' books. Honestly! I'd ask where common sense has gone to, but I can tell you that, it got flushed as unPC and unWoke. I am wondering what will happen in astrophysics? will black holes have to be 'non-emitting holes?' what about chess? is it supremacist that white moves first? it's getting silly. I'm pink. I'd worry if I was white. desanguination is never healthy.
Well put. I recall meeting an albino African. His skin lacked the normal melanin; his was a pale grey in colour, not even white. After working in outback Australia for some months, my skin was darker than Barrack Obama's. Oh - sorry! The Cleveland Clinic in Ohio tells the world not to use the word 'albino'; but "a person with albinism". The eight-syllable phrase is allegedly the "preferred" term. And Manchester is sexist, as is my surname.

Back