Big House, Scotland July 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great stuff, shame the farmer turned up when he did, if you ever go back you got to see whats at the bottom of them stairs? there's a place like this near me, old farm house, looking on google it looks like there could be 2 farm houses on the same site, has been empty for a few years, no one know anything about it or why it's empty. just got to plan my route first!

I'm not sure I would risk it just yet, don't fancy getting caught again. Perhaps though!
Ohhh get down there! I can't wait to see what you will find!

This is great. I really like the tones on some of the images. The oval hallway looks like they packed for departure, but never returned to collect.

Cheers! :D
It was absolutely full of stuff, as was the hallway off the entrance. It boggles the mind!
I thought that too Laird, the way he was speaking was as if he did not own the house. Apparently the title deeds are in his name though... it's a strange one. I would love to know the details.

I may phone this farmer again in a few months time, perhaps two. He said he was going to phone me back but never did. As for other people visiting, though I'd like to discourage you from doing so... if you're going to, please, if you encounter the farmer who I will not name, tell us what he says? His name is alas on the title deeds, though. Hopefully he is, as he said to me, in the beginning of doing it up. He inherited it from his grandfather.

To be honest it's none of our business what the farmer does or doesn't do or intend to do with it, and it's not business that should be on a public forum.

Indeed. However, I acquired his contact details with a view of buying his property. I am far from being an intruder, which in many cases I would condemn.

Actually it does: I found this home on this website. I told my fellow members on here the story because it's one of intrigue, and I thought that by telling them that someone does indeed own it and that they're restoring it they won't intrude on the property.

Seven and Eight and beautiful shots (they all are though), it's my dream to find something quite as full as this, good find and very well documented!

Latest posts

Back