Boeing 747 and a few other planes (permission visit)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great post, I'm very jealous of your boneyard visit.

That is an ex-Saudi Arabian Airlines 747 and on doing a bit of digging, they appear to have sent at least four of their 747s to the airfield for scrapping. Shame that the reg has been painted over.
i photoshopped the reg out mate i respected the wishes of the bone yard owners

I've delivered aircraft to the breakers myself. It's a very surreal feeling flying one on its last flight. It's empty, light, and the performance is spectacular. However, that final approach and landing have a sadness. Just before I retired, I flew an old 737/400 to a dissmantlers. It was an aircraft I knew well, having flown it countless times. I know it sounds rather pathetic, but it was like watching an old friend die. Great shots, and thank you for doing this.
Doesn't sound 'pathetic' at all. I think it's nice that you felt that way & good on you for being honest about it too.
I go onto you tube sometimes & watch old ships on their final sailing to the breakers, same with old trains too! They've all got history & would have great stories to tell if they could- just like a human! [emoji4]

Sent from my Y635-L01 using Tapatalk

Back