Cane Hill Retro December '04 visits

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mookster, It is a shame you missed it but you managed to have a wander round before the demolition really set in didn't you?

Had a wander around the outside of the fence about a third of the way through demo in june 09, the plan was to get inside but it was way too busy on the site:(

Better than nothing though....

I think I and many others were glad for 'open season' at West Park in 2009, makes up for missing the big CH in it's prime. It's sad really thinking about poeple just discovering this hobby nowadays, with almost all the great asylums gone or going.

Very nice mate:). i must admit when we did our asylum tour, the place honestly didn't appeal on our list to me:neutral:. I had just seen so many pictures and reports to be honest i was a bit sick of it but Cuban and Htmlnangel had put the place on the list. Well i can only say it was the biggest surprise of the tour and we had a lot of those :lol::lol:.

We arrived just as it snowed in April, to be honest i was gobsmacked at how much was missed in the reports i had seen. For me it was the one of the best asylums i had been to interest wise at the time even with natural decay and just so glad we got to see it when we did before it was demo'd :wcool:

Nice one Pincheck, I am glad the others insisted on including it and it ended up appealing to you. I still can't quite believe this massive place is gone.

Nice one Pincheck, I am glad the others insisted on including it and it ended up appealing to you. I still can't quite believe this massive place is gone.

*does the happy dance*

Ding dong Cane Hill is dead!

I do know that, and my last comment was half tongue-in-cheek but even Mr. JonDoe who isn't a huge 'top-side' fan seemed to enjoy Cane Hill when I showed him and Sam (NobodyThere) around the place.

I love the architecture, but what they stand for and my personal experiences of mental health care means they just leave me cold. I'm really not that into trashed interiors of any type either. I'm an industrial and WW2 person and I don't see the point of seeing things 'for the sake of it', that's where it turns into tourism rather than an involved interest for me.

That's just my personal opinion and preferences though. :)

Cheers Al, I can imagine. I still remember our night time explore during demolition - even then it was still great for a wander.

Back