Cree Torches in Tesco

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i went in for a look and they looked a lot worse than the original ones they bought out. a load lighter and the build quality did not look half as good as the 1st batch

Another torch 'heads up' HERE
Just received two of these from the eBay seller in the link. They have 3W Cree type emitters and are very bright even though they only take 1 x 'AA' battery. They are black anodised aluminium construction and at only 97mm long x 20mm dia there is no excuse not to have one always in your pocket (attached to your key ring?) for those times when you find somewhere totally unexpected that needs a bit of illumination. :) (I only paid 98p each for mine inc p&p, though have just ordered another couple at the 'exorbitant' new price of £1.19 ;) )

PA040151.jpg

Thanks for the Heads Up John, I bought one on Tuesday and at fifteen quid darn good value although it won't replace any of the Lensers I carry but if i ever feel tempted to play James Bond and tape or crayon over the lens to produce red light to preserve my night vision I now have the torch for the job.
I myself at my great age need to see where i'm putting my feet and i'm not up to running away from secca, but chances are I knew their Granny so I have a fair chance of talking me way out, if that dosen't work the worst is a trespass charge which i feel is better than risking breaking bones or maybe worse by using duff lighting.
Thanks for the tip.:)

Another torch 'heads up' HERE
Just received two of these from the eBay seller in the link. They have 3W Cree type emitters and are very bright even though they only take 1 x 'AA' battery. They are black anodised aluminium construction and at only 97mm long x 20mm dia there is no excuse not to have one always in your pocket (attached to your key ring?) for those times when you find somewhere totally unexpected that needs a bit of illumination. :) (I only paid 98p each for mine inc p&p, though have just ordered another couple at the 'exorbitant' new price of £1.19 ;) )

PA040151.jpg

Did anyone on here buy these? Just received my second pair and I see that the seller has sold another 120 of them since I purchased them.:cool:

I have one of the cree torches and if you wind the top off they are perfect for lighting just orderd a 6d Maglite though

I have one of the cree torches and if you wind the top off they are perfect for lighting just orderd a 6d Maglite though

6D maglite? Thats gonna be seriously heavy and TBH, not very good compared to say a P7. Unless you bump into metal fairies fella. :)

Saying that, I have a 4D and its indistructable and a good back up torch down holes......

Hi this my first post on this site,so hi to everyone. my son showed me a Cree torch he had delivered today the smaller one of the two that have been mentioned above he paid £3 on amazon ,I ordered one for myself £4.60 you can get them cheaper if you get them from HK.This looks like a great site for those of us that are interested in derelict places.I am going to Merthyr Royal Theater tomorrow.one of the photographers from our club F4photo, has permission.i hope to get some interesting photos,if I get anything any good I will post them on here

I actually have a couple of these cheap flashlights and the smaller ones and I think that UrbanX uses the smaller version too.

They aren't bad especially for the price and to be honest there's not much difference in brightness between the two :)

I am looking for similar torch for my camping activity. DO you know any online store to purchase it?

The tesco cree torches have a very small spot which make light painting difficult

The cree mag lights are good and the batteries in mine have lasted for ages, it's quite heavy which is why I carry it, it's good for those awkward run ins with pikeys

I am looking for similar torch for my camping activity. DO you know any online store to purchase it?

I don't to hand sorry as I'm away. Almost everywhere offers a wide range of camping torches though...

red torch

just a thought if you can find the US army angled flashlights they come with a selection of filters -red included-and a clip to attach to your clothing

My Tesco torch has finally started to wear out a little! It lasted nearly 200 explores, and around 16 overseas trips, including Chernobyl on four occasions! I've still got it, it's just now only 90% reliable.

I went to the darkside and got a P7, new and boxed for £24 off of Ebay. It's marginally better than the Tesco one, but only just. The main advantage is that the beam adjustment is push / pull allowing you to operate it with one hand, but thats really just about it.

I'd personally use Amazon, Ebay and Tesco online for comparrisons :)

flashaholics.co.uk is a good site for buying lights a light for every taste even some with multiple modes from blind them giving you seconds to scatter bright to ultra low security dodging bright...

Tesco Cree Torches

Does anyone know if the Tesco 2D Cree Torches are any good? From looking on the forum, it appears to be a different torch (the one I am looking at has the on/off button on the side) to the old ones.

I am thinking of buying one as my local Tesco's has them for £7.50! :)

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back