Denbigh Asylum, April '11

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm interesting point krypton
BUT i seem to remember him turning a blind eye when people where nicking the lead
from the roof...

I know people who have freely approached the guy and have had no issues with him. I know what he does is illegal but he is the only person who is protecting denbigh really. If you look into the guys past you will see he worked as the caretaker at Denbigh for decades and did have keys for the building untill a few years back when it became a ruin. It must be disheartening for your former pride and glory to be turned into a shit whole be chavs and pikeys, unfortunatly over time he can't trust anyone and has became very attatched to the place.

Next time your there, ask him to show you around and see what response you get...

Shame his diligence was on hold the day the Hall burnt down eh!

Also he has done absolutely sweet fuck all to protect the building from becoming the ruin it is today. I'd have more sympathy with him if he made an effort to secure it, he has the man-power down there to do so but instead chooses to throw his weight around and intimidate people.

I know people who have freely approached the guy and have had no issues with him. I know what he does is illegal but he is the only person who is protecting denbigh really. If you look into the guys past you will see he worked as the caretaker at Denbigh for decades and did have keys for the building untill a few years back when it became a ruin. It must be disheartening for your former pride and glory to be turned into a shit whole be chavs and pikeys, unfortunatly over time he can't trust anyone and has became very attatched to the place.

Next time your there, ask him to show you around and see what response you get...

The day he caught us there, we stayed calm and reasonable, and so did he. He asked us to leave. We tried to explain that we were going to do no harm, but he insisted that it wasn't safe and that we were to leave. He was angry and agitated to start with, but did calm down.

I do know that if your face fits, you will be granted access though!

I feel sorry for the dog having such a stupid owner. What was his problem, did he get funny about people going in there?

man if his dog bit me id get it put down, get him done for having a vicious dog. lets see how hard he is without his dog? thankfully never met him as ive always been at 2am ish for runs round there. did find an ouiji board in one of the upstairs bits tho. would love to see the place in daylight. awesome pics man!

Some severe decay going on there looks dangerous at the same time. I like the pics though love asylums for decay my fav, so many stories them walls hold.

Denbigh asylum

Thats one imposing building, imagine being taken there during its time....great images

Hi Guys

newbie on here, I was going to explore Denbeigh in the next few days...who is this guy, does he actually threaten the dog on you or make physical threats?

Hi Guys

newbie on here, I was going to explore Denbeigh in the next few days...who is this guy, does he actually threaten the dog on you or make physical threats?

Yes, and yes.

He is a sad, old, lonely former groundskeeper with nothing better to do than go on powertrips.

Yes, and yes.

He is a sad, old, lonely former groundskeeper with nothing better to do than go on powertrips.

Was he actually a groundskeeper there? I have read all the threads on him, he needs to get a few more hobbies!:mrgreen:

Yep he used to be a paid member of staff, quite poignantly if you look hard enough you can see where he wrote his name on the clocktower stairs back in 1984.

Latest posts

Back