Donisthorpe threads, zips & linings

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sam

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
a day out with Goldie87 and The BLue Fox (not sure if he's on here)

welll then after yet another failed visit at the bus depot and a look round another site thats been stripped we aimed somewhere new, i had a quick recce last night and decided it was well boarded but we went back in daylight and walked straight in....

the clock on the oldest part states 1739 and i think the site was todo with knitwhere and so on but one bit mentioned zips and fasteners anyway lots of retro cool 70's offices several lifts massive open plan factory floor areas no end of staircases enough plenty of toilets roofs the lot, sure Goldie will give your correct info and history :p

nightcar.png

yesterday evning on a solo recce............well it looked secure to me :eek:

DSCF0103.png

The Blue Fox does a battery change in ground floor kitchens/labs

DSCF0106.png

H&S warning explorers about the dangers of urbex

DSCF0110.png

some random productivity chart or orders chart or whatever, cold fingers meant we only half finished

DSCF0113.png

uh oh EMERGANCY

DSCF0117-1.png

dunno if this was some sort of ICE or just to shout at the workers

DSCF0121.png

as you can see above all the stud walling and office fittings its a grand old oak framed building

DSCF0122.png

that was standing a matter of weeks ago so dont know how long this one will last

DSCF0126.png

canteen

DSCF0134.png

know your colours by numbers!

DSCF0155.png

this is the dead retro way to cool for school offices on a top floor, all tinted glass gave a great glow non of which my camera really picked up

DSCF0186-1.png

caught them in the ladies

DSCF0176.png

roof time, The Blue Fox found the key to the lift motor room bu the lock was jammed solid :(

DSCF0174-1.png

Goldie87 appears from the hatch a bit sheepish with god knows how many dog walkers giving us odd looks

DSCF0187.png

NOT OURS

DSCF0192-1.png

company logo

hey now this is cool!!!

DSCF0198.png

now you see him

DSCF0197.png

now you dont :eek:

sorry, simple things please simple minds

DSCF0204.png

loading bay

now then this is the old part with a small tower and the clocks on the outside i come up with a masterplan and find a ladder.....

DSCF0229.png

im guessing near on 10foot climb on some random peice of creaky steel framework we found

DSCF0227.png

and the hatch to the tower........

DSCF0225.png

only to find it boarded up

DSCF0253.png

you can see the mini tower thing up there, going to try and find our way to the clock workings next time

well after weeks of groaning about nothing todo in Leicester..........i think weve done ourselves proud :thumb

Last edited:
Hi Sam,

Looks like it was a good explore :)
Like the style of this place. Lovely set of pics!
Lb:cool:

P.s. -loving the "descretly" parked car!!! :lol::p

i thought not to look suspicious taking pics of a boarded up building id take shots of my 'classic ford' right in front of it :mrgreen:

Love the Dictophone, Its class!

Surely theres some shoe makers to look at in Leicester?

Didnt Doc Martins have an abandoned factory there?

weve done the 'national shoe machinery' if you look around for that ;)

affraid these days its all turned to flats and apartments 5/10 years ago we would of been out day and night exploring

industrial leicester is slowly dissapearing :(

This is Friars Mills which was operated by Donisthorpe's. They mainly manufactured threads. I've got the history somewhere but can't find it at the moment!
Some of my pics...

100_0541.jpg

Oldest part of the site, taken last year

fm8.jpg

fm1.jpg

fm12.jpg

fm2.jpg

fm3.jpg

fm4.jpg

fm5.jpg

fm6.jpg

fm7.jpg

fm9.jpg

fm11.jpg

fm10.jpg

fm13.jpg

Last edited:
cool to see the chimney in place, gotta check out that generator house next time too

LOL at the last one

Last edited:
A great selection, I notced that the 2nd green on the chart isn't called light green. I guess they just used the colour codes to avoid confusion.

Looks an interesting place,
am I right in thinking it is Bath Lane?

and any security?

Does it have easy access to the mill floor area with all the steel work

Looks an interesting place,
am I right in thinking it is Bath Lane?

and any security?

Does it have easy access to the mill floor area with all the steel work

Can we keep talk of access and security to private messages please :)

10 foot fence tipped with razor wire a crawl under some more wire and armed guards around every corner ;)

10 foot fence tipped with razor wire a crawl under some more wire and armed guards around every corner ;)

lmao you sure thats not the bus depot your talking about mr sam? :p

Can we keep talk of access and security to private messages please :)

Thanks for that krela :)
We have waited a long time to get in this place it would be a shame to lose it!

oh yeah sorry thats the bus depot under the wire and in the trenches........well maybe not wire but we were in the trenches :lol:

oh yeah sorry thats the bus depot under the wire and in the trenches........well maybe not wire but we were in the trenches :lol:

Ah how cool was that, my legs still hurt though from trying to walk around crouched down! :(

Latest posts

Back