Floral dress manor, part3 (pic heavy)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumble112

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I promise this is the final part {for a while at least), if you have already seen these on my flickr I apologise, I don't want to monopolise this site or do this place to death I just couldn't believe the amount of stuff I found.
Someone at some point had carefully gone through the house removing valuables, there were many empty purses and handbags and emptied out drawers with the clothes left on the floor. I got the feeling that it had been done by family members who had perhaps inherited. There were a few more externals which I haven't sadly included as they could be too much of a giveaway as sadly not everyone viewing these pictures perhaps shares the same motives as the vast majority of us. Anyway please enjoy and if anyone can indentify the items in the attic please let me know. Thanks.
018 by tumble112, on Flickr
019 by tumble112, on Flickr
026 by tumble112, on Flickr
036 by tumble112, on Flickr
040 by tumble112, on Flickr
044 by tumble112, on Flickr
045 by tumble112, on Flickr
048 by tumble112, on Flickr
050 by tumble112, on Flickr
051 by tumble112, on Flickr
061 by tumble112, on Flickr
069 by tumble112, on Flickr
070 by tumble112, on Flickr
073 by tumble112, on Flickr
076 by tumble112, on Flickr
080 by tumble112, on Flickr
089 by tumble112, on Flickr
090 by tumble112, on Flickr
092 by tumble112, on Flickr
096 by tumble112, on Flickr
097 by tumble112, on Flickr
098 by tumble112, on Flickr
099 by tumble112, on Flickr
100 by tumble112, on Flickr
101 by tumble112, on Flickr
102 by tumble112, on Flickr
109 by tumble112, on Flickr
111 by tumble112, on Flickr
112 by tumble112, on Flickr
117 by tumble112, on Flickr
125 by tumble112, on Flickr
083 by tumble112, on Flickr
118 by tumble112, on Flickr
122 by tumble112, on Flickr
084 by tumble112, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't apologise for excessive images of this place...the more the merrier, there's nothing more frustrating than a great location covered with 5 pics......you've also got the mandatory items in an abandoned house like this...the bottle collection. old hoover, old talc, photo, brown vintage suitcase and wardrobe full of clothes.....classic! Cheers for posting...i've thoroughly enjoyed seeing your reports.

Don't apologise for excessive images of this place...the more the merrier, there's nothing more frustrating than a great location covered with 5 pics......you've also got the mandatory items in an abandoned house like this...the bottle collection. old hoover, old talc, photo, brown vintage suitcase and wardrobe full of clothes.....classic! Cheers for posting...i've thoroughly enjoyed seeing your reports.

Thanks I just wanted to convey the scale of the place, I could easily go back and take a hundred-odd different photos, but I'll leave it a good while though! I only realised when I was at home going through my pictures that there was a basement that I forgot to go into.

Would love to know the history,artifacts seem to span decades. Thenks.

Theres a lot of personal things in the house, letters, photos and even cheques from the 1940's one family member was a minister (scottish equivalent of vicar) in the church but I'm not sure when as the letter was not dated. I tried googling the name of the house and didn't get any results, which is perhaps a good thing.

The thing in the attic looks like a photo enlarger for negative to paper ace house though

The enlarger in the background is either a genuine Leitz item or the 'Envoy' near copy (and much, much cheaper) As I recall the Leitz had a black crackle finish and as this one looks shinny it is probably the copy. However somebody must have been into serious photographic enlargements - the white item in front of the normal enlarger and the item on the floor between the three chairs (in 099) are both serious piece of industrial enlargers. These were capable of producing very large scale images when complete and fully working.

Again well done and thanks for this interesting and very complete 'story'.

The enlarger in the background is either a genuine Leitz item or the 'Envoy' near copy (and much, much cheaper) As I recall the Leitz had a black crackle finish and as this one looks shinny it is probably the copy. However somebody must have been into serious photographic enlargements - the white item in front of the normal enlarger and the item on the floor between the three chairs (in 099) are both serious piece of industrial enlargers. These were capable of producing very large scale images when complete and fully working.

Again well done and thanks for this interesting and very complete 'story'.

Thanks all for your info, sorry this last set were slighty out of sequence. Just managed to get the attic shots as I stupidly hadn't checked how much charge I had in the camera battery and had thought I would probably only take 20 or so photos! Glad you are all enjoying them.

I always find it funny, that families and thieves take everything valuable from places, yet to us a small tin say of shoe polish is like treasure to find and photograph, it does make you wonder what our mindset is like entering and finding such things, yet we come home to share our shots on our fancy computers! very ironic the change of mindset well to me anyway.

Still amazing on whats left here, good shots an nice trilogy :)

I always find it funny, that families and thieves take everything valuable from places, yet to us a small tin say of shoe polish is like treasure to find and photograph, it does make you wonder what our mindset is like entering and finding such things, yet we come home to share our shots on our fancy computers! very ironic the change of mindset well to me anyway.

Still amazing on whats left here, good shots an nice trilogy :)

Completely agree, I loved finding the old photos and all the personal things like the clothes and letters.
Also even though I was a bag of nerves before I went in, once inside I could easily have been in there all day.

That is one awesome place, I'd love to find somewhere like that - undisturbed etc. Great pix.

But please avoid mentioning stuff like money in reports - it's a magnet for thieving scum who trawl our site.

That is one awesome place, I'd love to find somewhere like that - undisturbed etc. Great pix.

But please avoid mentioning stuff like money in reports - it's a magnet for thieving scum who trawl our site.

Completely understand, purely naivety on my part. I would be gutted if this place was trashed.
Many thanks.

Having looked at all three topics on this I can safely say wowza....places like this just shouldn't exist any more. An absolute treasure-trove, please please keep it safe from everyone and the Daily Fail...I can imagine the glee with which they'd seize upon this.

Latest posts

Back