Friargate Railway Station Derby April 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tunnels

I went october last year into the wear house, getting a bit of a balancing act to get in, but as i was alone an it was getting dark i didn't have chance to get in to deep,

012.jpg
032.jpg

a couple from the inside, but id like to explore the site a bit more, see in the wharehouse and the tunnel's all underneath the station ares, would love to venture in there.

I went october last year into the wear house, getting a bit of a balancing act to get in, but as i was alone an it was getting dark i didn't have chance to get in to deep,

012.jpg
032.jpg

a couple from the inside, but id like to explore the site a bit more, see in the wharehouse and the tunnel's all underneath the station ares, would love to venture in there.

Fab photos there mate, i agree i would love to go under the station :)

its sort of at the end opposite the cob shop, next to pickfords house
I got it pointed out to me last time I went to the GNR Warehouse :) thanks anyway, though! Did you know that at one stage, that arch used to be an air-raid shelter?!

:)

Haha Tom you really need to go into the basement, it really is amazing although when we were entering there was someone injecting so.... to people going sometime soon just beware of needles. Also while we were there a few boards did drop from the 1st floor, so be extremely carefull now! :)

Haha Tom you really need to go into the basement, it really is amazing although when we were entering there was someone injecting so.... to people going sometime soon just beware of needles. Also while we were there a few boards did drop from the 1st floor, so be extremely carefull now! :)

I second what Talkalot said, the basement is well worth a look.

Last time me and some friends went, there were two people in the platform bit who were being a bit naughty (druggies) and as we were about to leave, there were 5 young'uns debating whether or not to go in.

It sounds like it's slowly falling apart...again...there are cylinders in the basement - I'm still suprised the whole place hasn't exploded!

Apparently, there are underground tunnels that go from the basement and go towards the platform area - is this true? We couldn't find any.

Yes,there were some smaller tunnels up to the platforms and ticket office but they were largely backfilled when they demolished the station,you can see one in the basement with rubble and soil spilling from it:)

I got it pointed out to me last time I went to the GNR Warehouse :) thanks anyway, though! Did you know that at one stage, that arch used to be an air-raid shelter?!

Wow i actually didn't, thanks for that bit of info :)

Back