Fujitsu - Stevenage - July 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to finish this post, a few night shots too...

The full resolution photo is sooo much better, you can zoom right in and see all the names of all the places (in Stevenage Leisure Park)

night1.jpg

night2.jpg

And the police station again... at least my flash didnt go off :mrgreen:

night3.jpg

It was a perfect evening, nice weather, stunning views, I could have stayed there for ages :)

Thanks for looking...

I'm in Stevenage and been looking for places to visit. Now I know where this is I'm defo gonna head down. Had a look at the bt exchange too but looks like it's in use again??

I checked the exchange too - one bit all bricked up and the rest in use :(

Where abouts are you?

Does anyone know why it seems to be common practice to collect all the fire extinguishers together like that?
As see it at quite a few locations?

they often don't belong to the company who occupied the offices and are rented as part of a contract so they will be there for the contractor to collect

Each floor had one of these strange double doors, both doors open outwards!

it allows the landlord to connect two smaller office suites to make a single larger one for a tenant. it's then easy to return them to two smaller suites which are easier to rent when the tenant's lease expires without having to faff about with stud walls.

Last edited:
it allows the landlord to connect two smaller office suites to make a single larger one for a tenant. it's then easy to return them to two smaller suites which are easier to rent when the tenant's lease expires without having to faff about with stud walls.

Except that both doors just went to a maintenance shaft, for air con/heating or something. Cant work out why that needed 2 doors :)

Nice one dude. Someone with a fire extinguisher fetish sits in the middle of that bunch and whacks one off....ive met weirder folk

Except that both doors just went to a maintenance shaft, for air con/heating or something. Cant work out why that needed 2 doors :)

Just a thought, would they have been doubled up to stop the noise of whatever was in the shaft being heard in the office area???

nice lil collection of fire extinguishers, looked kinda cute hehehe

great pics, at least the buildings not going to waste!

Wow, lovely looking building. Anyone know if it's going to be re-developed anytime soon?

I'm looking around for potential Airsoft venues and this forum is a blooming goldmine!

Never seen this place before and agree a good night shot location.

Cheers OMJ. :)

Does anyone know why it seems to be common practice to collect all the fire extinguishers together like that?
As see it at quite a few locations?

I thought it was a bit like i robot where they tend to congregate near the light :lol: good report woth the read. :)

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's something to do with the hazardous waste regulations, fire extinguishers are classed as hazardous waste because they are pressurised containers. I guess if the place gets torched firemen/women... ;) wouldn't like those things exploding through-out the building!
Looks like they have been rounded up ready for collection...:)

just seen this building on one of those follow the cops round type programs.. Almost caught the metal thieves in action.... :)

Cheers for that, I knew it had been on before and had missed it. But I was able to watch it on demand this evening. Traffic Cops - BBC1 - 21st Aug if anyone else wants a look.

Cheers for that, I knew it had been on before and had missed it. But I was able to watch it on demand this evening. Traffic Cops - BBC1 - 21st Aug if anyone else wants a look.

Will i see an epic car chase involving an RS !!

Will i see an epic car chase involving an RS !!

Erm, possibly one day :) Or I'll get stopped for being out at 3am for no good reason.

The extra bonus for me on that program was seeing a fiend of mine and her daughter :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Such a chavvy place we live in, init :p

Latest posts

Back