Halo. Ich bin Deutsche, kind of.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 49155

Reaction score
Hi all, I joined this forum about 4 years ago, asked around for places to explore and was banned on my first ever post. ha ha! It seems that ban has been rescinded.. anyhow. I am a Brit that emmigrated to Germany 3 years ago.. I have lived in France, Greece, Switzerland and travelled extensively around the EU and a few countries outside.

I started Urbexing aged 13 in 1983, before it even had a name. I used to explore half finished building sites, abandoned churches, industrial sites or whatever seemed interesting. Aged 14 I got into climbing and fell in with a bunch or anarcho-punks that skated and did illegal climbing and abseiling, like climbing 90 meter motorway bridge feet..sheer flat concrete.. using battery drills and pitons. I shudder at that now, but they both kept me alive and taught me the ropes. I used it extensively for exploration of industrial sites and did plenty of night time abseils and climbs, sadly without a camera.. it didn't seem important then, before the selfie years. But being in those impossible spaces under bridges or in abandoned power stations on the ropes is totally the same feeling as being on foot in an abandoned hospital or church. I went on to become a professional tree surgeon for 20 odd years, and now I am an industrial climber.. bridges, ships, and oil and gas platforms under the IRATA system. Any other climbers out there?

Anyway, I have a few sites that I will post up soon.. for now just saying hi, thanks for having me back.

Lupo.

Oh dear! I took a leave of absence for several years after emigrating (Portugal) but when I was still a regular in here it was really frowned upon to ask for access/site info etc in the open forum. And for good reasons.

But... a ban outright is a bit harsh I feel! maybe the Mod who did it was having a bad day! Still, you've persisted and you're back. I look forward to your forthcoming exploration reports.

We did quite a lot around Berlin about ten years back - Beelitz, Kaserne K, Kinder Krankenhaus etc etc etc. We are going back to Berlin in the spring for a couple of days so I'm hoping we will get an exploration in whilst we are there as I must say the sites we visited were really special in the main.

Tell me... are you aware of the rather heavy laws on trespass in Germany? I assume you must be? I must say we were NOT at the time we were exploring so it's just as well we were extremely discrete!

Best wishes and get them posts up!

Welcome back, Id be surprised if u were banned for that, there must of been some miss communication there.
A LOT of people come on asking for locations & usually get told the same thing.

anyway sounds like u ahve done some interesting stuff already & have a interesting job. I know a guy who does similar work (he has done repairs on big ben face etc over the years) but is now based on oil rigs.

I taught myself SRT a few years back to extend my underground exploration & do love it, even if to just push my boundaries.

Did a europe trip with girlfriend last yr & got a few explores in, I do love it on the continent, exploring seems easier & better.
Am off again in March with a 5 day road trip through to Berlin ;-)

Thanks for the welcome (back). I admit to being ignorant of the 'rules' concerning urbex activities. Like I said, I started before it was a 'thing' or a culture and had websites dedicated to it, or even had a name. We all know that it is against trespass law, and so I was more than a little surprised that one 'criminal' asking another 'criminal' about good places to commit the 'crime' would land me in jail :cool:.
There's really no hard feelings!

I might get a thread up tonight.. after I have read the forum rules.

regards,

Lupo.

I posted a thread in general topics about photo uploads. It is not working for me.

How do most people achieve success? Drag and drop not working, nor 'attach files'.

Any help appreciated.

Lupo

Thanks for the welcome (back). I admit to being ignorant of the 'rules' concerning urbex activities. Like I said, I started before it was a 'thing' or a culture and had websites dedicated to it, or even had a name. We all know that it is against trespass law, and so I was more than a little surprised that one 'criminal' asking another 'criminal' about good places to commit the 'crime' would land me in jail :cool:.
There's really no hard feelings!

I might get a thread up tonight.. after I have read the forum rules.

regards,

Lupo.
It’s not so much about the asking for info per se, it’s about people asking for info when no one knows them and can vouch for them as it were. There are so many ‘bad actors’ about who find out about a place then turn up and rip the “arspect” out of it so the only real way to stop that is to ban location and access questions in the open forum. It’s a great shame that the few spoil it for the many so comprehensively and then people who aren’t aware of the reasons for the rules - like you were, get clobbered for no real fault. Such is life. I apologise for you receiving the S-1-itty end of the stick.

Hi all, I joined this forum about 4 years ago, asked around for places to explore and was banned on my first ever post. ha ha! It seems that ban has been rescinded.. anyhow. I am a Brit that emmigrated to Germany 3 years ago.. I have lived in France, Greece, Switzerland and travelled extensively around the EU and a few countries outside.

I started Urbexing aged 13 in 1983, before it even had a name. I used to explore half finished building sites, abandoned churches, industrial sites or whatever seemed interesting. Aged 14 I got into climbing and fell in with a bunch or anarcho-punks that skated and did illegal climbing and abseiling, like climbing 90 meter motorway bridge feet..sheer flat concrete.. using battery drills and pitons. I shudder at that now, but they both kept me alive and taught me the ropes. I used it extensively for exploration of industrial sites and did plenty of night time abseils and climbs, sadly without a camera.. it didn't seem important then, before the selfie years. But being in those impossible spaces under bridges or in abandoned power stations on the ropes is totally the same feeling as being on foot in an abandoned hospital or church. I went on to become a professional tree surgeon for 20 odd years, and now I am an industrial climber.. bridges, ships, and oil and gas platforms under the IRATA system. Any other climbers out there?

Anyway, I have a few sites that I will post up soon.. for now just saying hi, thanks for having me back.

Lupo.

Have done a bit of climbing with trees, just drt with a Blakes is all. I DO NOT like heights, but i suppose you just have to trust the gear!!

john..

Back