Kensal Green Cemetery - London - Oct 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful photos Nelly. I always wanted to visit the London cemetaries. Fantastic stuff.
Drool button? Hey, I'm a mod and I don't get a drool button? Where's my drool button??? ;):lol:

Get on to the big fella, tell him if you don't get a drool button then you will scream and scream untill you are sick!!!

I fancy getting in the catacombs there but they aren't accesible apparently. I think there's four or five cemies around London where they buoilt huge catacombs and a railway et all. Great photos Nelly! Happy new year.

TeeJF - you can go into the Anglican catacomb twice a month on the Sunday tour. This is Catacomb B which is still accessible. Catacombs A and Z are sealed owing to bomb damage apparently.http://www.kensalgreen.co.uk/ Worth a go though...
The one you are thinking of with the railway is actually Brookwood, in Woking which was called the London Necropolis because it had a direct rail service from Waterloo! http://www.tbcs.org.uk/index.htm
Godzy

Well if she IS going to do it, then she might as well record it and then put the link up then ;)

Go Foxy!!!!

Agreed. It's compulsory. The law says so*.

(*) I'm not sure which law, but there must be one somewhere surely?

Wonderful photos - Really enjoyed looking through.

I did the Kensal Green Tour of the Catacomb underneath the Anglican Chapel a few years ago. Absolutely stunning !

Do it. You won't be disappointed.

Not sure if they still do it now, but they used to have Hearse days there too with all sorts of hearses on show. (June I think it was)

I did the Highgate tour too, but it wasn't as good as Kensal Green.

Thanks again for the photos :)

Fantastic stuff Nelly !! The black n whites are stonkin' !!! Trouble is being the underground boy that i am i couldn't visit here without some catacombey goodliness and although as Godzy says there are organized visits i think that photography is banned !!:icon_evil

Apologies for this being slightly off-topic (or it might not be). There is a cemetary in (I think) London which is divided by a main road. Because of the law which prohibits the removal of a corpse from a cemetary once it has passed the gates, a tunnel was built under the road so that coffins brought into the chapel on one side could then be buried on t'other.

Anyone know which one I'm talking about, or have I drunk too much paint stripper?

West Brompton is another great cemetery , although not much in the way of dereliction it does have catacombs , which you could go down during their open day.

Nunhead is also worth a visit , it has a small catacomb under the ruined chapel , but only time I've been in there is during the open day they have each year.

Kensal Green has an open day each year in July with guided tours including the catacombs & we take a few cars up from the Hearse club to put on display.

Last edited:
Apologies for this being slightly off-topic (or it might not be). There is a cemetary in (I think) London which is divided by a main road. Because of the law which prohibits the removal of a corpse from a cemetary once it has passed the gates, a tunnel was built under the road so that coffins brought into the chapel on one side could then be buried on t'other.

Anyone know which one I'm talking about, or have I drunk too much paint stripper?

Don't know which one that is Richard, but I like the idea of it, mind you I also like the idea of paint stripper intoxication :)

Lovely report Nelly and brilliant pics.i love grave yards, such atmosphere and you captured it well..:)

Back