Leicester City Bus Depot

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since our last posts we have gone back with various people quite a few times, at night mostly. Today I returned with mattdonut and took a look round some of the offices. Wont bother posting my internal pics, but as it was a brilliant sunny day i also took a few external shots...

bd49.jpg

This is the very grand main offices on the main road (which we have never gained access to) If it had the nasty replacement windows replaced with something resembling the originals it would look great, however they will be tearing it down with the rest of the site :(

bd48.jpg

Detail of the city arms.

bd47.jpg

Lion detail

bd51.jpg

Main garages

bd50.jpg

To the right is what remains of the original tram garages.
Unfortunately most of this part was destroyed by arson a few years ago

And what they are planning to build there...
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=17861287

Last edited:
I do like those details on the brickwork. Really nice. It's always good to see external pics too imo, as it rounds out what the whole building looks like.
Good stuff. :)

A couple of new pics for those of you who have been following this lol.
Found an easy way into the older garages where we have not been before.
They used to extend for some distance off to the left of where the pics were taken,
but that part was destroyed by arson some years ago :(

bd53.jpg

Bus wash

bd52.jpg

The rest of the garages

nice one goldie i knew you would get in there!!!
find anything good?

nice one goldie i knew you would get in there!!!
find anything good?

Didn't really have a proper look, just looked in quickly then went back to the cars, our main reason for being there was to look at the demolition at wolsey.

just a little update on this site. the site itself hasnt really changed much and hasnt really been trashed like other buildings around considering its length of time closed.

the porta cabins have now arrived on the site with one or two small peices of acsses equipment so i dont think its going to be many more weeks beofre total demolition finaly get around to pulling the place down.
now is a good time to explore as it seems its all open and acsessable with the security long since gone, but i have still heard rumours of alarms still in use.

just a little update on this site. the site itself hasnt really changed much and hasnt really been trashed like other buildings around considering its length of time closed.

the porta cabins have now arrived on the site with one or two small peices of acsses equipment so i dont think its going to be many more weeks beofre total demolition finaly get around to pulling the place down.
now is a good time to explore as it seems its all open and acsessable with the security long since gone, but i have still heard rumours of alarms still in use.

Me, MD, and Goldie went back and did the whole site.
There are now diggers etc in the garages so i think your right that its going soon :mad:

well i did say it wouldnt be long and ive just received a txt to say that most of the old tram sheds are now down today and also one of the smaller office blocks so if anybody wants to see this site for themselves i would say to get down there in the next few days as it will be too late after that

Went to get some final pics at the depot recently as its gradually being torn apart. For some reason they are demolishing it with most of the contents still inside. Made a few visits recently with Mr Sam, MD, Waynezbitz1, Boothy, Lost Explorer, and a few other people.

DSC_0800.jpg

DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0734.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0746.jpg

DSC_0772.jpg

DSC_0779.jpg

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

That's a real crying shame to see it's being demo'd. Very surprising that they've not done any salvaging / reclamation. Wonder if it's too late for a local Museum (or maybe even a National Transport Museum) to save some of the contents of merit? -that logo can & must surely be saved!

Thanks for the update Golds and well done chaps for documenting it :)

Wonder if it's too late for a local Museum (or maybe even a National Transport Museum) to save some of the contents of merit? -that logo can & must surely be saved!)

Thanks mate. I know some people from the museums were going to try and get permission to rescue one of the crests, but I dunno if anyone will be going back there now. Unfortunately things kicked off in Leicester big time the other week, and its messed a lot of things up now :(

im a comittee member at one of the local museums (very local to the site in fact lol) and i know they are trying to get hold of one or two peices for the museum as at present they do have quite a large area dedicated to the tram movements in leicester. waether anything has come of any of it, im not sure, but i will ask the question and keep you posted.

im a comittee member at one of the local museums (very local to the site in fact lol) and i know they are trying to get hold of one or two peices for the museum as at present they do have quite a large area dedicated to the tram movements in leicester. waether anything has come of any of it, im not sure, but i will ask the question and keep you posted.

Its going fast now so theres little time left. More of the windows are broken, and it looks like they have been throwing stuff out of the computer room window. Think Nick was trying to get EH to look at the head office building as well.

wow!! that place looks incredible!! It looks so much like an old railway locomotive depot (heritage one of course not the box on wheels crap stuff :wink: )

I really think that a transport/bus museum would have been called for. If I had the money, I would not hesitate in buying it and some thing to fill it with :D :wink: but now its too late.

some people have no idea of local/national heritage.

a few words spring to mind of what to call them.......

Back